Note to New Members ×

Video - World Record Skydiving formation

patmoore

On February 8, 2006, skydivers representing over 40 nations around the world established a new world 400-way freefall formation record in Udorn Thani, Thailand.

(on a personal note, in my 2000+ jump career the largest formation I ever hooked up with was about 26 skydivers over Deland, FL in the early 70s. Ironically, the Air Force cut orders to send me to Udorn Thani, Thailand in 1968 but they were rescinded. Check out the video)

ngu53c.jpg

Click on the link below for details:

http://www.theworldteam.com/news06/0208.htm

Check the link below for a 6-minute video clip (click the Download icon):

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=guestpass&id=WT208

The World Team 2006 400-way record was built using eleven 38-person Sectors, dressed in white, red, and blue jumpsuits, exiting from five Thai Air Force C-130 aircraft at 24,000 feet.

This record marks the first successful use of air-to-air radio communication for skydivers in freefall. The eleven Team Captains, wearing radio transmitter/receivers inside their full-face helmets, communicated with each other while exiting the five C-130s and during 2-minutes of freefall.

On Saturday, February 11, 2006, there will be a World Record Mass Freefall Jump with 960 jumpers, including World Team '06 skydivers and Royal Thai Armed Forces sport parachutists, exiting over the new Bangkok International Airport.