Note to New Members ×

Damnation. Blown knee.

tufty

Well, that's that for a while. Coming down gently after having eaten at lunchtime today, not going too fast but cutting some nice trenches, all of a sudden someone screams at me from behind, I tense up, miss a transition and end up with the board going into a large hole while my head tried to make a new one on the slope.

Of course the straightline skier who wanted to pass me didn't bother to bloody stop

So, pick myself up, ow that hurt and suddenly - eeeeagh! Left knee is screaming pain. Boarded down anyway, very gingerly, knee's okay with normal articulation but as soon as it twists it's hellish. Medial collateral ligament pulled, knee brace for 3 weeks.

Drat it all. The snow's bloody awesome.

Simon

Sorry to hear about it-big worry with MCL tears is medial meniscus avulsion. I tore my MCL in 1981 when I tore my ACL and avulsed my med. meniscus. Most heal without any worries and I have no problem with mine-of course, my med. meniscus is gone, but that happened with my second ACL tear.

Braces won't help so don't waste your cash. Careful attention to keeping your quads and hamstrings strong is much more effective a preventative measure