Note to New Members ×

New to carving

RyanL

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Bomber. I have a Rossi x-vas slalom board that is 160 cm and has only been used 3 times. I also have some Burton carrier step-in bindings that are in great shape. I'm not sure how aggressive a rider you are, but if you're learning the slalom board may be a good place to start as it is a little softer and more forgiving than the gs boards. You can see pics of the board here :

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=9642

I would like to get $275+ Shipping for the whole package.

Welcome to the click// There is a lot of experience here to tap in to!

also some good deals on tool's of the trade. ;) You can find everything you need right here .. You do not need to invest a lot of $$ to get started/ no one on here will stear ya wrong.(Just ask a lot of questions)

We all want to promote this sport we luv.

Soooooooooo enjoy the ride ! :biggthump

I have been riding for about 6 years now, and I ride a Burton Triumph (stiff board) now. I try to ride my rails alot, but it isn't a carving board, and will give out if I push it to hard or hit ice. I am looking to go up a level in riding, so what kind/size board should I be looking for?

I have started all of the people I taught on a slalom board because the feeling is so different at first and can take time to learn. The are quicker to edge and initiate a turn and are also a little softer and more forgiving. I ride a really stiff freeride board (atomic Don) and the slalom board is still stiffer than it is.

With that being said, I have had 2 out of the 10 people I've taught pick it up really quickly and advance to a gs board in their first season. Both of them still have the slalom boards for fun riding, but you can outgrow them if you decide that you don't like the smaller turn radius. You may end up with a lot of advice on specific size, flex, sidecut, etc....but it is really hard to tell without seeing you ride and it really does work differntly for different people. I hope this helps a little, and I hope some other people chime in as well.

Brett

Welcome on Bomber!

I have 2 boards I could part with:

- a hardly used Nidecker Extreme 156, 9m scr. Slalom board. Can send pictures.

- Cocoon Lotus 158, 11.5m scr, probably never used. Pictures are here (shorter one):

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=9596

It is stiffer than Nidecker, but not quite as stiff as the 164. Carbon composite.

- Older bindings, Crazy Creek (not the ones in the link above).

Boris