Note to New Members ×

Brunton MNS GPS / Altimiter / Compass / Barometer / Weather Predictor

chadx

Hi all,

Not sure how many guys do back country hiking/boarding, but I'm selling off one of my GPS. I guess this is getting into a bit of a grey area in regards to it being "snowboard related equipment", but I guess the moderator gods will strike me down if this is too far of a stretch. Until that time, here is my sales pitch...

Brunton MNS GPS - Multi-Navigator™ MULTI-NAV

Used four times (twice in yard and twice in vehicle. Not carried hiking or boarding). I have another GPS that I use for all that since I already had accessories for it. Note that this has way more features than just GPS, like True-Magnetic electric compass that works independently of GPS (read: works with GPS satellite tracking shut off to save battery), Weather Predictive barometer, Altimeter, etc. Note: This type of GPS does not give "driving directions" and "street addresses".

I originally paid $399. They have since some down to around $300 - $350. I’m selling for the low, low price of $189.99 + shipping (remember, this is a sales pitch and it's a well known fact that everyone thinks they are getting a better deal if I say $189.99 rather than $190.00). :biggthump If no offers, as the week goes on, I'll be more open to offers. I'm selling to buy motorcycle parts (unless another board, that is a 'must buy' comes along). Note that Brunton is well known for customer support. They are great! And, as noted above, you are getting SEVERAL tools in one. Not only a GPS. Thanks for looking and my Bomber mail is enabled so you can email me through here.

From Bruntons literature...

Features include:

Dimensions

· 170x61x30mm (6.7x2.4x1.2"); Display size: 6.1x4.4mm (2.4x1.7")

· Weight (excluding batteries): 227g (8.0oz)

GPS Receiver

· 12-channel parallel receiver

· Position update rate: 1 time per second when in continuous navigation mode

· Accuracy: 10 meters RMS

· Averaging

· Time to Fix: First Time is approx. 1-2 minutes, Cold (no navigation for 4 hrs) is approx. 45 seconds

· Reacquisition (lost satellite reception) is approx. 0.1 seconds

· Built-in patch antenna

· Waypoints: 1000 w/8-character name (stored w/barometric pressure based altitude)

· Routes: 10 reversible routes w/up to 100 waypoints each

· Track logging: 5000 additional track log positions. Automatically records your track by time or distance and stores for display using mapping software

· 109 map datums

· 16 grid systems including UTM, MGRS, Swiss, Australian, New Zealand, Swedish and United Kingdom grid systems

Navigation

· StraightHome™, a simple one button find your way back home, for the simplest navigation

· Data I/O: NMEA 0183; Out

· Nexus point to point in/out

· DGPS ready

TrueMagnetic™ Compass

· Accurate to 2° w/1° resolution

· Automatically compensates for Earth's local magnetic declination and points you in the direction of a stored waypoint, without moving

· MagniPointer™ fast "point & press" waypoint creator

· Extended battery life when using the TrueMagnetic compass with GPS receiver off

StormWatch Barometer

· Current pressure (units: inHg, mmHg, mbar, hPa)

· Displays rising, falling & steady

· Barometric pressure range: 300 to 1100 mbar (9.00 to 33.00 inHg)

· 36 hour pressure history

· 12 hour weather forecast (Display: sunny, partly cloudy, cloudy, rainy, storm warning)

· Logging performed when power is OFF

Altimeter

· Accurate down to 1 meter (3 ft) immediately after calibration

· Altitude range: -700 to +9200 m (-2,300 to +30,000 ft)

· Memory: minimum and maximum altitude revisited

· Displays rate of change plus minimum & maximum

Battery Life

· Typical compass navigation: up to 60 days (using compass with GPS receiver off)

· Typical compass & GPS navigation: up to 1000 hours (one GPS update per hour with compass navigation every 5th minute, continuous barometer logging)

· Continuous GPS navigation: up to 10 hours

Miscellaneous

· Optimal operating temperature range: -25° to +70° C (-13° to +158° F) using Lithium batteries

· Waterproof: IP65

· Display: 24 character, high-contrast, backlit LCD

· 9 button backlit keyboard

· Internal power: 2-AA batteries (LR6)

· External power: 8-30 VDC

· Flash memory: upgradeable software

· Operational in 13 languages (English, Swedish, French, German, Italian, Hungarian, Spanish, Finnish, Norwegian, Czechoslovakian, Portuguese, Dutch, Estonian)

· Compatible with these major mapping software programs (MNS-CABLE required): iGage, DeLorme, Maptech, Fugawi

post-2348-141842214666_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...