Note to New Members ×

Newcomer to carving.

Whaack

I Just purchased my fisrt carving board.:eek: It is a Nidecker Tornado GS 68. The length is 168 nose 24cm waist 18.5 tail 24 I am 5'8' 155lbs . Any Ideas on wether or not this board will work for me? I also purchased a Palmer Honeycomb 161 that I plan on using as a all mountain board (including powder) with my soft boots and flow bindings. Any thoughts on this board and set up? I plan on replacing my Burton Indie 163 with the Palmer , is that a good trade off? Any info would be welcome.:biggthump

seems ok, possibly a bit on the long side, but the nideckers are not so stiff so you should be ok for that...

I would mount it up to start with about a 5 degree difference between front and back foot, at the minimum angle possible to avoid overhang; probably that is about 50 back 55 front depending.

Start off with reading some of the articles about mounting up a board; to start with though keeping it simple is enough IMHO, and then start tweaking from there.