Note to New Members ×

Heated Gloves

Scorpio

Can anyone here recommend heated gloves or gloves where you can put heat packets in or any other solution for cold hands? Unfortunately, regular gloves don't cut it for me as I have poor circulation to my fingertips (and toes). Even on the warmest, sunniest days, my hands are numb to the point of extreme pain. I had to stop riding on sunday afternoon becuase the pain was so bad.

Anybody ever try those battery powered gloves? How about mittens? Those should be considerably warmer.

How about mittens? Those should be considerably warmer.

Never tried heated stuff, but mittens are the dog's pods. Even when it's -20c or so, I have sweaty hands in my mittens. They have pouches for putting heat packs in, I dread to think how cold it would have to be before I needed to do that. I only wear gloves when I'm working, when I'm skiing or boarding, it's mittens all the way.

Get them too big rather than too small.

Simon

I saw some gloves on the weekend that have a valve thingy that you can blow into, and it circulates the warm air around inside the gloves. Sorry, I have no idea who makes them, but I wonder if they would work.

By all accounts they do work, yes. It's a system that is pretty common over here on the budget ranges. It seems to be putting things backwards, though, it's better to keep something warm than to let something get cold and then have to reheat it.

I'll stick with mittens and the need to take them off to cool my hands down on the lifts rather than having to stop and warm my hands up...

Simon

Guest Randy S.

Costco in California is currently carrying some gloves by Head that are warm by themselves, plus they have a little zippered pocket on the back of the hand that holds a heat pack. My housemate has them and likes them and I bought them for my kids ($12).

I've recently switched to the Reusch mittens like the ones Bode wears racing (I was hoping they'd make me as fast as Bode and still let me ski/board after going to the bar :D ). They're pretty warm, but not that much warmer than the Reusch gloves that are similar.

Buy polarfleece gloves and waterproof (goretex or similar) overmitts. I've used mitts from both OR and EMS.

If you need to use fingers, remove the mitts and you still have the fleece gloves on.

You can drop a heat pack into the mitts if it's really cold.

On warmer days, use light polypro glove liners instead of the fleece.

You can carry a spare pair of fleece gloves in an inner pocket and switch if you have sweated up the main pair.