Note to New Members ×

Bridger Bowl on the weekend

Guest owaysys

Guest owaysys

I'll be riding Bridger on the weekends for the rest of this season, so if anyone else is interested in coming out and meeting up, let me know. I've seen a couple of guys out there on skwal boards, but not really anybody else on alpine boards. Been trying to get some of my fellow instructors out there, but it's like pulling teeth!

Jeff

Guest owaysys

This is my first year riding at Bridger, so I'm still finding the best hardboot runs. I've got one favorite and a couple of others that look good but I haven't tried yet. I was crushed when I went to Big Sky last season and found out that they turned my favorite run into the terrain park (Ambush was the run). Oh well. Really I only carved on two runs at Big Sky. The rest of the groomers weren't steep enough, or were always crowded. If you ever make plans to get up to Bridger, let me know.

I just got back from this years Big Sky trip and yes, half of Ambush was used for a half pipe (the terrain park is actually over on another run over by Calamity Jane under the Swifty Lift). Since it was my first time switching from two blanks to hardbooting on one, I wasn't ready for Ambush, but my girlfriend (GREAT skier) was disappointed because Ambush was everyone's favorite run before it was divided to make part of it into the halfpipe. Wish they would/could have put that on some other run. We'll be heading back out in March and we might take a day or two to run Bridger Bowl. I might contact some of you guys to find out what runs are good before I go. Thanks.