Note to New Members ×

Use a reputable tuner!!!!

MUD

Hi All,

This is just a reminder, and a story.

I brought my Rossi to the local shop, they have a good reputation from what I have heard. I asked them to do a 2 degree side edge bevel and a 0.5 degree base. They said "NO PROBLEM", I said "if you have ANY problems just do a 90/90".

SO, I get my board back and take it for a spin (first ride in 2 years on this board). I just can't get it to behave, it grabs, it lets go, It's REALLY sensitive to snow changes........ WOW, I gues I have forgetten how to ride this thing......

So after consulting a couple of friends I check the tune bevels (I am lucky enough to have a protractor). The edge is ok.... Kind of.... it is either 2 or 3 degrees.... not perfect...... THE BASE on the other hand is anywhere from about 1 degree all the way up to somewhere around 7!!!!!!! PLUS, a grinder gouge where the binding hung up (I figure). I guess that explains it's problem.:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

SO, here it is, a VERY messed up board. Yes the shop did offer to "fix it", but they are not touching it with a ten foot pole. I don't think it is dead but it could be close.

I used to do my own tuning (hence the protractor) and just don't have time to do it right now. So now I need to find a local shop that is better.

So the moral of this story is: These boards are very valuable to us, if you are in doubt of a shop ability, go somewhere else or ship it out. I would MUCH rather have paid to ship my board to a well known shop than be looking at what I am right now.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Dave,

Yup! pretty clear now......

I'll email you who it was..... I'm not sure if they need to get smeared on BOL.

Yeah, I did talk to them, they said they would fix it, but I am chicken to give it back to them, even if it is to just make it flat.