Note to New Members ×

Boot Help

LambertoMI

Anyone help me out with a set of liners? I run with Burton Wind/Reactor boots. I happend to be one of the few that actually have them fit me well. However they are cold and my foot slides a lot on the base. Anyone have any tips on molding liners and/or footbeds? I would like to go the extra level this year and I think this would help my all day comfort.

Side note: Damm if these things aren't heavy. What's your thoughts on the lightest and best boots on the market.

Thanks again!

Lamberto

Guest owaysys

Are you in Michigan? If so, talk to the people at Boyne Country Sports and find out about their schedule with Fastech. This is a footbed company out of Bloomfield? that makes some seriously nice custom footbeds. Glenn is the guy that owns the company, but I'm not sure if he still fits the footbeds. As far as boots go, I went through two pairs of Burton Fire boots before I got sick of the weight, uncomfortable liners, and cracked shells. I ride Raichle AF600's now with Thermoflex liners and I love 'em. They're getting a little soft after a couple of seasons, but my feet never get cold or sore. Anyway, good luck with the boots.

Jeff

I just molded some thermoflexes in my Burton boots and it didn't work out well at all. My Burton stock liners have this plastic stuff in the shin area that adds a ton of support which the older thermoflexes do not have. Had some noticable shin bang from that after a half day's riding and it sucked. Also the Burton boots seems to be nowhere near as wide as the Raichle's which causes some space problems in the 1st-2nd buckle range (above the toe box area).

Intuition liners may work but you might still have the shin problem? I'll let somebody more familiar with those liners advise you on those...

Just installed a pair of Deeluxe Speed thermo liners into my Burton reactors (the blue/white ones). The heat molding went very well. The liners seem to take up more space than the old packed in burton liners so I just backed off on the buckles a bit when riding. They fit snug but are comfortable great way to freshen up an old boot! Oh yeah, better feel between boot, board, and snow.

I just molded some thermoflexes in my Burton boots and it didn't work out well at all. My Burton stock liners have this plastic stuff in the shin area that adds a ton of support which the older thermoflexes do not have. Had some noticable shin bang from that after a half day's riding and it sucked. Also the Burton boots seems to be nowhere near as wide as the Raichle's which causes some space problems in the 1st-2nd buckle range (above the toe box area).

Intuition liners may work but you might still have the shin problem? I'll let somebody more familiar with those liners advise you on those...

Just installed a pair of Deeluxe Speed thermo liners into my Burton reactors (the blue/white ones). The heat molding went very well. The liners seem to take up more space than the old packed in burton liners so I just backed off on the buckles a bit when riding. They fit snug but are comfortable great way to freshen up an old boot! Oh yeah, better feel between boot, board, and snow.

I find what you are saying quite interesting, as I am wearing old Burton Furnace boots and I was thinking of maybe putting some new liners in (Intuition), but I never thought about the shin bang issue (I never had any) and the volume issue. I can't really back off on the buckle as they all (but the instep one) and the last notch.