Note to New Members ×

Mt Bachelor - April 2005

D-Sub

Guest rphillips

D-Sub, nice vid! Smoothstyle. What board are you riding?

I'm riding a 67 with a 12.3 m sidecut right now. I'm really interested in getting into something longer for wider carves and more stability. I'm 6'0 165lbs. Riding a Hot Blast now, which supposedly is rather stiff, but I've only been carving on that and an Axis, so I've got nothing to compare it to. I like the flex of the Hot - I think. Any recommendations? Looking forward to SES to try a bunch of s**t out.

its a prior WCR 185. love that board to death.

I think the scr is only 14m...not that big. I do kinda lazy turns I guess...

havent ridden that many boards, so dont have much by way of rec...but I like prior. coilers are nice too. donek too. someones got a hot blast 183 for sale right now.

At the 50 sec to 1:04 mark, where you were losing your edge, did you go back and redo the run to figure out what went wrong?

I remember watching the original footage last season, before you added the music. I remember the old footage looking much cleaner. The new footage has a lot of jagged edges. Anybody have any tips to prevent the jagged edge problem?

At the 50 sec to 1:04 mark, where you were losing your edge, did you go back and redo the run to figure out what went wrong?

I remember watching the original footage last season, before you added the music. I remember the old footage looking much cleaner. The new footage has a lot of jagged edges. Anybody have any tips to prevent the jagged edge problem?

no, I didnt hit that run again. we were running out of light. that particular run was pretty scraped up and icy. did it plenty before and after though, but youre right. coulda maybe conquered.

I think when I had it up before it was a different, higher quality video format. this is a lower quality .wmv for bandwidth saving.

Nice turns D-sub, it makes me wanna take that trip west I have been dying to do for the past 4 years. Marriage and two kids have put a crimp on my west coast trips. I cant get over the amount of room you have to make the type of turns you want to make. Its also good to know one can make the short quick turns on a higher SCR board. I will now be in the market for a longer higher SCR board.

The place I ride is either steep or flat, with minimal in between. If I ever make it out your way, would love to get some turns in with you.

Greg

thanks for watchin it Greg. Funny, but bachelor most of the runs arent even that wide...I mean there's room, but you'd probably trip out on steamboat or mammoth...aspen too.

Im not in Bend anymore...by the time you come west who knows where I'll be:)

Nice job with the vid and edits....

Not sure if you're asking for critique or not, but stop all that counter rotation.

K

Kent

if you want, go ahead and try to explain that to me, but experience has shown that I simply do not understand what it means

in person might be better, but obviously that isnt likely to happen

plus...Sean from snowperformance gave me a critique and never even mentioned anything of that nature.?

I gotta say that is one sweet vid. I ride a 185 so it is nice to see somebody else on a 18x cranking tight carves. Deffinatly a sweet vid with some great carving.

personally wouldn't use the word great, but I had fun that day, and have had other "locked in" days.

the Prior only has a 14m scr...I guess not all that big, but yeah, once you get going at a decent speed, it feels pretty damn agile. I really like that board a lot!