Note to New Members ×

Big Mountain Jan 20th - Jan 28th

Shred Gruumer

Drat. Missed it...by that much. Too bad. I KNOW I could benefit from some pointers on my very first hardboot week. If it was 2 or 3 hours, I'd definitely make the drive (we'll have a car all week), but at 6 hours, that makes for a long drive the morning before a day of skiing and then a long drive back.

Too bad. Would have loved to hook up with some folks. If any of you know of a hardboot instructor, or hardbooter in general, in the Big Sky area, please let me know. Kathy is the closest to that area that I've found so far. I know there has to be some closer.

Chad

Well Im hoping there is still room to take some runs on Chair 3 if not the chair next to it.. Chair 2... email Mari so we both have cell numbers.. and this weekend I will look to see what we had or Talkies channel set at and give it to ya or I will just leave a message.. last year our phones worked on the mountain.. so you can always call us in the morning on the cell before we head out.. Im thinking 8:00am Saturday..

Glad your coming..Mari has yet to go out..she's a bit scared...I hope you can work long with her so she can be proficient this time to ride some other stuff..

Later..

Well, I'm bringing my little one along and I can't get her checked into ski school until 9am.... so I'm thinking I'll make it to Chair 2 shortly thereafter. Can't wait.... The last time I rode hard was about 10 days ago and I was a sore pup the next morning! And that day I only rode for a couple of hours... Just like last year, I'll say the same thing.... I HOPE I can keep up. Maybe it's a good thing that I'm catching you guys early on your trip! If I can't keep up with the boys, I'll go hang out with M and we'll have some fun without the boys! Hahahahaaa..... I was thinking I'd hang out with her in the afternoon anyway (hubby and daughter are going to go swimming at the hotel). I hope it won't be to crowded on the beginner slopes so she'll have plenty of room. I got a new digital camera since last year so I hope that someone can take some pictures for me (that is, only if I'm riding well!) I never even got those pictures developed that Paul took for me last year. That was the last time my film camera ever got used and now the battery is dead so I can't even get the film out unless I get a new battery! UGH. I'm getting a new video cam so maybe I'll take that if I get it in time and if the weather's good. I'm sure you've been reading the snow conditions report online. Look like it will be good! I just hope it doesn't snow too much while we're there. (geez, what kind of snowboarder am I when I don't want it to snow too much!!!) I really like those groomed runs! Last March I went to Big Sky for an extended weekend and it snowed something like 2 1/2 feet while I was there! Needless to say, I didn't get to put the new board to the test too well that weekend! My daughter is just over 3 feet tall, so 2 1/2 feet is alot for her to deal with too! Anyway, I guess I've been rambling on a bit, but I'm looking forward to the weekend.... I'll be in touch with Mari this week...

Kathy