wednesdays at wachusset

bobdea

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the all nighter was awesome!!!! I'll have the pics of the sunrise in the general forum in a bit. I taught a girl how to ski, and I was in the process of teaching another one how to snowboard. It was cold, windy and iced up but after 4-5 am, everyone left and went inside. I had prime carving handed to me. At sunrise, i went to the summit and there were like 100 snowboarders at the top. I saw boston and everything. After sunrise, the snow became so perfect. I accidently did an extreme carve on my toeside and the snow held me really well. It was perfect. Then we went back to my friend's house and got drunk and passed out :)

AMAZING NIGHT!

• 2 weeks later...

anyone going to be there tonight. I'll be there from about 1:30 to 9ish. i'll be on frequency 6-18 on my radio and again, my cell is 508 265 1974. i saw someone on an asym yesterday as they were leaving. I'll be sticking to the challenger until they close it down then i dunno where i'll be.

wachusett is done for the season. Went today for one run and my friend returned her rentals and we went back to boston. I had a good season, defintly one of my best, even if there was barely any natural snow. nice seeing all of you there over the past weeks. I'm defintly glad i found this little community. :)

Hey Everyone

The Wachusett trip this wednesday is a no go. Unfortunately WBCN was unable to get us a bus for this week. We will be working with another bus company next year. Anyways, thanks to everyone that came this year and we hope to see you all next year.

it would not have been worth the trip to go this wednesday. I'm suprized the mountain is still open. Awesome year. Defintly my best. I went out 23 times this year and it'll be around 40 next year with my season pass and i'll be having a car more often. I'll be defintly be able to give lots of rides. Nice riding with all of you again:biggthump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

STFU_Cases: In Saldarini v. Wachusett Mountain Ski Area, 665 N.E.2d 79 (Mass. 1996), claim against ski area operator and arising from skier/skier collision on icy run was held barred by ski safety act (above). Bare spot declared an "unavoidable" and "inherent risk," barring recovery by injured skier. McHerron v. Jiminy Peak, 665 N.E.2d 26 (Mass. 1996). However, skier can recover when negligently struck and injured by ski patroller, despite skier/skier collision immunity. Tilley v. Brodie Mountain Ski Area, Inc., 591 N.E.2d 202 (Mass. 1992). Ski area operator negligence or ski safety statute violation does not release skier's claim from statutory scheme, including statute of limitations. Atkins v. Jiminy Peak, 514 N.E.2d 850 (Mass. 1987).