Note to New Members ×

Big Sky, Montana - Jan. 21 - 28

chadx

Hi all,

I'll be in Big Sky, Montana from Jan 21 - 28. After snowboarding twice and being fairly comfortable with it, I decided I wanted to carve, not skid. So no skiing for me on this year's "ski trip". I bought a hardboot setup and will be hardbooting for the very first time on this trip. If anyone else feels like meeting on the hill, or will be there anyway, it would be fun to do a few runs together (or more depending on your patience) and maybe pick up some tips or watch others carve to better my form. With my frequency card, I believe they have a coupon where I can get in another person for half the normal lift ticket rate. We can check into that if interested.

Also, if anyone knows of a hardboot instructor in Big Sky, please let me know. I'm having trouble finding anyone at that resort. Note: I've already talked to Kathy Zadlock, but she is at Snowbowl which is another mountain over 3 hours away.

Feel free to email me direct (my bomber email is enables).

Thanks,

Chad

Chad,

It looks like I will be up there on Saturday or Sunday depending on weather. I am not sure if I will be there for a half day or a full day. But I will be there with my 172 oxygen board, or a Winterstick swallowtail if there is powder.

Jay

Jay, That would be great. We are actually arriving on the 20th and leaving on the 29. My dates of Jan. 21 - 28 are actual slope days. Would be great to meet up for a bit at least. I wouldn't want to hold you back the entire time, but it would help me out if someone with some experience can give me a few pointers on the slopes. And it would be much appreciated! Watching/following someone live, rather than the video footage I've seen, would be helpful, too.

Shoot me an email (either through my bomber profile or direct to chadx [at symbol] hotmail [which ends in dot com]. Sorry, I don't want to type it directly as the web spiders will pick it up and add it to their spam lists. Email me and I'll give you my cell number.

To all others that have even a slight chance of making it up during that week, shoot me an email so we can, at least, coordinate a way to contact each other, just in case you make it up.

Thanks,

Chad

Hi Kathy. Yep, got everything in hand except my intec heals. They should be here today. Just need to get to the store and get some wintergreen superfeet, pantyhose, and duct tape (now THAT sounds like a party!) and then mold my thermoflex liners. We leave this Friday afternoon. First day on the slopes is Saturday. VERY excited to see how this all goes.

C