Note to New Members ×

where to stay at jay peak?

xcxre9

where do you guys stay when you're up there? i'm usually killington bound, but going to try the northern route this weekend. every place i've found seems to be shared bathroom b&b's for $350 a night...or 3 bedroom houses. anyone know a <$250 good inn or such that isn't an econo-lodge?

cheers!

chris

ive been to jay a few times. i heard a good tip from someone else though. i have heard to stay in between jay and another mtn south of it in. jay is hit or miss, if they get a dumper its great if not go somewhere else. jay can be very cold and hard if you hit it wrong. so if you stay south of it you may have the option of hitting another mtn if jay blows.

if you're looking for a place to crash for the night, stay at Hotel Jay. Im not sure what their prices are this year, but we used to go up there for 2 days (one night) for like $160 or something like that. Its a nice little hotel, about 90 feet from the tram and 150 from the Green Mountain lift. its a great hotel to crash at. They have a sauna and a hot tub too :biggthump

________

Yamaha ymf262

ive been to jay a few times. i heard a good tip from someone else though. i have heard to stay in between jay and another mtn south of it in. jay is hit or miss, if they get a dumper its great if not go somewhere else. jay can be very cold and hard if you hit it wrong. so if you stay south of it you may have the option of hitting another mtn if jay blows.

the thing with the missing at jay is that it dumps almost all the time. There is nothing inbetween the mountain and the great lakes and once that moisture hits the mountain and lifts, BAM powder dump. But its true, it isnt a very fun place if you went looking for powder and its all tracked out. Bring your groomer boards just in case. I still say hotel jay is the best bang for your buck though. Theres also another place a little while away called Grandpa Grumpys, but its not quite what you're looking for. Its a little place thats BYOB, but its also bring your own bed. Its basically a big room and you fight for a piece of floor to sleep on.

Grandpa Grumps can also rent you a full house of your own (in addition to the dorm style rooms at Grandpa'a "headquarters". Full kitchen, dining area, TV room, fireplace (in one of them) lots of beds. The Ritz it is not, but for privacy and cheap lodging it would be hard to beat. The accomodations are very basic in the house but everything you may need. I don't recall the price but it was very reasonable.