Note to New Members ×

Anyone have problems with Burton plates?

AndyYT316

This could just be me not having the screws in deep enough on the heel block, but I was carving yesterday and the heel block along with the bail came out not only once, but twice. It kinda hurt the second time since I was going kinda fast. :smashfrea The screws were in there so hard that I couldn't turn them anymore. Should I find better screws, or should I just get new bindings? I'm leaning towards new bindings.

You might try shifting the screws to a different spot. Just move the front the same as you move the back. Race plates are usaully pretty reliable unless you are a heavy rider. The first time you thread the screws into a new hole on the plate its pretty hard to drive them in without a #2 posidrive. The stock block screws have a nylon threadlock groove in them .

Jim

Burton binding== a trip to the hospital.........unless your weigh under 100 lbs and are a beginner...get RID OF THOSE they are death traps....myself and buds of mine have blown every part possible outta those....after my 3rd bail i went to cateks and have never looked back :biggthump

Burton binding== a trip to the hospital.........unless your weigh under 100 lbs and are a beginner...get RID OF THOSE they are death traps....myself and buds of mine have blown every part possible outta those....after my 3rd bail i went to cateks and have never looked back :biggthump

I know of about 40 World Cup riders who disagree. If you're breaking bindings like that, it's not because you're a specimen of all that is Man - it's because your equipment is setup wrong, you're riding wrong, or (most likely) both.

Bumps, trees, pipe even...never broke anything. Replaced the bails every 100 days or so as a matter of course - metal fatigue can strike ANY binding. I weigh 190lbs. and have been riding since 1988. Not sure if the people with problems were riding bindings that were VERY used when they got them, but I'd bet on it. They are certainly not as strong as Bombers / Cateks, but I wouldn't classify them as "death traps". My two cents.

I know of about 40 World Cup riders who disagree. If you're breaking bindings like that, it's not because you're a specimen of all that is Man - it's because your equipment is setup wrong, you're riding wrong, or (most likely) both.

Hey buddy that was my experience with the Burtons and my opinion(as well as 2 other buds)---and as far as the set up goes(been at the plate game for long enough to know the rights and wrongs)----but to say im riding wrong- youve never seen me ride so how the F*** do you know---keep the personals to yourself ---YOUR A CLOWN!!!!!

p.s 40 world cup riders BOY YOUR POPULAR :lol:

You guys should read the forum rules. There's no need to lash out at people. Can't you just keep it civil?

I agree i was just stating my opinion and buddy tears into my riding----can see it all ready------lots of gear and no game!!!!!! :p