Note to New Members ×

seeking knowledge

Greasy300TDTurbo

Hey all, I'm trying to get into hardbooting and I have a few basic questions about boots. First, are Nordica SBHs any different than TR-12s? I got a set of brandy new TR12s real cheap, but I'm wondering if I should invest in some "real" snowboard boots. On that note, I would love to take a nicely used pair of Raichles (apparently SB 224s are good), or other good quality boot off someones hands. I'm thinking that I will want a somewhat stiff boot with a bit of tweakability to deal with New England ice. I ride at Killington and last time i was up there it was brutal on the softies. Just looking for some know-how and advice from those more experienced than myself. Thanks:biggthump

I have the SB 224s but that model is now quite old. It's gone through 3 incarnations since as SB 324, SB 423 (I think) and now is called the Deeluxe Lemans. A softer 3 buckle version without the 5-position forward lean is the SB 413.

Your Nordicas will serve for a start but I think ultimately you'll be happier with a more snowboard-specific design. I moved to the 224s from a Koflach Valuga (which is a similar boot in principal to the Nordica) and am much happier.