Note to New Members ×

Rode a Magne-Traction today....

Raisputin

Today I rode a Lib-Tech board with Magne-Traction. Unfortunately (snicker snicker) the conditions were far from ideal for testing it the way I wanted to. We had thigh deep pow up top, so Instead I had to go do airs off some smallish (15-20 foot) cornices, do some chutes and generally play off piste in the pow :eplus2: after I finished working of course. It was genreally good but in toeside turns the nose wanted to dive.

Had a couple early morning runs and the Magne-Traction seemed to be a little grabby toeside and tried to throw me over the nose a few times. Heelside on the other hand was absolutely great, and felt a lot more stable than my regular teaching board (freestyle type) By the time I finished working (newbie class :) ) and got onto what were once groomers with about 2-4" of pow on top, they had deteriorated into moguled crud, but I will say that in those conditions the Lib pounded through the crud like a champ and felt very stable.

Overall, I can say that if you happen to be in the market for an additional board of a more freestyle orientation, definitely go check out the Magne-Tractions... :)

Greg

What the hell is magnetraction? I remember they had it on my afx slot cars way back when...

Magne-Traction...go check out Lib-Tech to get the scoop on the Magne-Traction Technology.

Went out on the board again today. Toe-side was still really grabby, but I did definitely feel a difference in the heelside from a traditional board. Tons of powder again ;) The most interesting thing that I found about it today was that I felt more solid in the air and on my landings when I tried some larger airs. Not sure why, but I had a lot more confidence. Not to say I didn't cream myself a few times, but overall it's a nice board.

My concern with them is edge tuning. How am I supposed to sharpen edges that aren't straight? The fact that the edges arent straight seems a bit gimmicky, but I havent ridden one. But I still say, with all of my years of tuning, I have always tried to straighten out the edge if it isn't already there. Any words on this?

________

Marijuana pictures

A lot of my friends are claiming that they are the best thing since sliced bread and that they really shine in really ice conditions (I was unable to test that..bummer! not!)...but there is also a lib-tech file tool that can be purchased (or maybe comes with?) that is apparently "designed" (it's smaller than normal) for the magne-traction.

I'll chime in on this one. i own a 164. its great. nothing like a serrated knife slicing in the snow. also, edging? just use the edging tool for it. its not that hard, either, to adjust.

My only problem adjusting so far has been that it seemed to want to throw me toeside, but maybe I was riding it wrong?

Maybe Lib will make a Race Board version :eplus2: then I could tear up the mountain and be silly singing (with apologies to Distrubed):

Get up, come on get down with carving sickness

Not that I don't already do that, but it would be even cooler if there was a Magne-Traction race board :eplus2::eplus2::biggthump:eplus2::eplus2: :eplus2:

My only problem adjusting so far has been that it seemed to want to throw me toeside, but maybe I was riding it wrong?

Maybe Lib will make a Race Board version :eplus2: then I could tear up the mountain and be silly singing (with apologies to Distrubed):

Not that I don't already do that, but it would be even cooler if there was a Magne-Traction race board :eplus2::eplus2::biggthump:eplus2::eplus2: :eplus2:

Try adjusting the bindings.

Race Board? fat chance. They're relocating to Park City, Utah. Factory'll still be out in Port Angeles, WA. So I highly doubt alpine board would be coming back. Talked with the VIP, and we agreed that manufactoring alpine boards would be expensive, since its not exactly in the market with the "mainstream."