Note to New Members ×

TD2... some considerations...

RicHard

Hello everybody.

I ordered (and received) two pair of bindings (TD2 Standard and TD2 Step-In + intec heel + suspension kit).

I would like to say to all the italian (and probably in many other countries) people that would want to buy such bindings (and other bindings from united states) that the shipping cost + the tax are something that can make you fall down to the ground.

On a price of about 720 USD for the material, I finally paid 1019 USD. Just 720 + shipping + taxes. I was absolutely surprised about the fact that I paid my bindings 40% (298 USD) more than their price.

The bindings are absolutely well enginereed, light, strong, very precise, micro-adjustable... really good!

I noticed just something strange that maybe some of you could clarify: the "standard TD2" version makes me use higher angles of the F2 Race titanium due to the toe bail that is too far from the boot. I mean: even if the board is the same, the stance is the same, the boot is the same... the overhang is higher on the TD2 Standard bindings. I saw the F2 toe bail and it is really stuck to the boot while the TD2 is very far from it, even if the setup is the right one (the binding lock in the right way).

Any suggestion? Does anybody noticed the same thing?!

I bought a couple of standard and a couple of intec in order to do what I did with the f2: the front binding standard, the back one step-in.

But the step-in allow me to select a angle that is almost 10 degrees less!...

Thanks a lot for your opinions...

_RicHard

post-2288-141842210465_thumb.jpg

post-2288-141842210467_thumb.jpg

Hello everybody.

I ordered (and received) two pair of bindings (TD2 Standard and TD2 Step-In + intec heel + suspension kit).

I would like to say to all the italian (and probably in many other countries) people that would want to buy such bindings (and other bindings from united states) that the shipping cost + the tax are something that can make you fall down to the ground.

On a price of about 720 USD for the material, I finally paid 1019 USD. Just 720 + shipping + taxes. I was absolutely surprised about the fact that I paid my bindings 40% (298 USD) more than their price.

Yeah... I paid around €90 in taxes alone to Sweden.

theres nothing Bomber can do about taxes...plus...where in the world did you pay $360/pr? theyre supposed to be $290/pr...

import taxes are ridiculous and totally unfair to consumers, but have absolutely nothing to do with the companies involved. If fin were able to get Distribution in EU it might work better for yall over there, but until then it might be better to buy used or have a private party get them for you and ship them "under the radar"

That's what the stuff he ordered adds up to (actually 731 if he got two suspension kits).

It would be a lot easier if it was shipped to someone here in the states, and we shipped it to you as a used item. That tax is ridiculous.

oh. suspension kits. was tryin to figger that out

yeah...witha private party at least you can cook the numbers a little. Fin's gotta do it by the book. import taxes suck.

That's what the stuff he ordered adds up to (actually 731 if he got two suspension kits).

It would be a lot easier if it was shipped to someone here in the states, and we shipped it to you as a used item. That tax is ridiculous.

You're right: two couples of bindings+intec heels+two suspension kits.

;-)

Anyway... your solution could be really good but... I should have known someone that could buy the bindings for me...

:-(

I know that Bomber cannot do anything: my post was just to make other italians aware about the italian taxes (absolutely ridicolous).

I would really know how much the taxes were if an american would buy something here in italy...

:-O

• 8 months later...

Have you heard about any news concerning the "large" Td2 bails (and this old thread)?

I still have to raise up the binding angles of some degrees due to such space between bail and boot's toe...

Any "official" modifications from Bomber?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

_RicHard

If fin were able to get Distribution in EU it might work better for yall over there, but until then it might be better to buy used or have a private party get them for you and ship them "under the radar"

Bomber shouldn't get a EU distributor until companies like Swoard get a US distributor! Until then Donek, Coiler, Prior, and Madd will get my hard earned $$.

Paying $1k for a board just isn't happening for a middle class family guy like myself. It's not that I don't think it's worth it-I just can't justify it to my wife. $1k could do many things around the house and it's hard to justify buying another board when I already have three or four in the garage...

what does you thinking $1000 is too much for a board have to do with Bomber selling bindings overseas? Because they dont sell direct in the US, Bomber shouldnt sell direct to EU?

that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Care to explain?

Sorry to get slightly off topic. The OP was expressing his frustration with paying 40% more from shipping/tariffs but it's no different from what us US folk have to deal with when ordering EU products directly.

For example a Swoard is 120 Euros for shipping according to the EC site. The board is 680 Euros already, so that's 800 Euros total ($1000+ USD). I'm not even sure if that includes tariff/taxes or not? I might take the 680 Euro plunge for a EC board but when you tack on all the other charges it's just gets crazy.

The "fairness" statement was sarcasm; then I was just venting about EU board prices in comparison. Sorry I know you can't read my mind on a forum. They are seperate issues and it's unrealistic to think my statement would ever happen. It's more or less frustration for me I guess. Those boards are appealing to me but are out of my reach-mostly because of the shipping and tariffs. I'm sure the boards are worth every penny on the price tag.

Whatever is best for Bomber as far as EU distribution-I'm all for it. I would however like to see more EU companies put forth the effort to get US distributors in general. Anything to get the prices down on some of those "high end" EU boards and such. F2 is a good example of a EU company that has US distributors and thier prices are competitive or even cheaper in some cases. Since Swoards, Virus', Pogo's, etc. are already more expensive than say a custom Coiler then why not get a US distributor to get the prices down? I'd think more people would be willing to take the plunge if we didn't have to pay insane shipping and tariffs and such. I guess in the non-US companies defense the alpine market in the U.S. is just crap compared to the EU market or even the Japanese market.

Oh well there's always used boards on the classifieds...

you seem to think that the shipping and tarriffs would completely disappear though. They wouldnt. Only if they had a US manufacturer. F2 is a BIG company compared to the ones you've listed.

also the shipping and taxes arent imposed by the companies themselves, so again, your complaint which seems directed at the companies is a bit off.

this thread is so old I didnt re-read the OP...just saw his latest and your post...

so far Richard is the only one Ive heard really turned off by the "length" of the TD2...I think a redesign is probably low on Fin's list right now.

you seem to think that the shipping and tarriffs would completely disappear though. They wouldnt. Only if they had a US manufacturer. F2 is a BIG company compared to the ones you've listed.

also the shipping and taxes arent imposed by the companies themselves, so again, your complaint which seems directed at the companies is a bit off.

this thread is so old I didnt re-read the OP...just saw his latest and your post...

so far Richard is the only one Ive heard really turned off by the "length" of the TD2...I think a redesign is probably low on Fin's list right now.

It would lower the prices though. Every little bit helps-especially with the perception of getting screwed over on shipping/tariff costs.

Not blaming the companies for the insane shipping/tariff costs. Totally nothing they can do about it. It really sucks for them that it affects thier sales though. For example would the OP be willing to make another purchase directly from Bomber?

Bummer. Perhaps the toe lever was redesigned for the Titanium "Gold Digger"? That was after all targeted to the EC "bail breakers" (or at least I got that impression). Catek toe levers will have to be added to my list if not. Can't afford the TD2s for a least another year though, so perhaps the toe will be redesigned by the time I can afford them, paired with a nice Donek. (I literally am working two jobs, but uni and life takes it all lol)

Wow, Catek toe bail on a TD2...either a neutral position or a real hotseat in the venerable flame threads lol. :D

Edit: Better Pics than orginal post, from EC thread.

lever4.jpg

lever3.jpg

lever6.jpg

lever5.jpg

Catek_lever_on_TD2.jpg

Well... I'm the only one... but there are several people that has even redesigned toe lever or adjusted catek ones to TD2 bindings! Are you sure that it's just a problem of mine?!

:biggthump

It still sounds really strange to my ears that so well enginereed bindings has such lack: we talk about narrow board to make edge change to be faster (trying to have NO VERY HIGH binding angles) and... we "steal" 10degrees of binding angle due to a bail that is so distant from boots' toes? Uhmmm...

It just sounds strange.