Note to New Members ×

Burner vs Coiler PR

Kirk

Would love to hear from those that have time on both - I'm talking 188 & 197 vs Coiler PR in similar lengths/sidecuts. Strengths/weaknesses (ducking for cover from the current Coiler owners :eek: ). I have only a few runs on a PR 184 built for someone a wee bit heavier than me - liked it A LOT even though the conditions at the time (springy) did not allow me to fully evaluate the board's performance potential.

Now I know I'm going to hear about differences between the standard and race stock Sims stuff, etc. Fine - let's hear it! Race and freecarve applications.

Thanks!

if its going to be your only board in that length, much much more durable and holds a edge much better

I have owned a few coilers and burners in 197 and 188, I love the burners but the coilers will win every time

it's real easy to break a burner in a fall or if you land on the tail.

the burners feel a little more alive and more in line with what other companies boards are like, coilers are very "quiet" rides super damp and predictable.