Note to New Members ×

1996? amps on ebay: freeride funzies

eastcoasticerider

Theres a lot of Burton Amp 160,s going though Ebay from a resort of store out west.....I always liekd the design of the Amp as a crossover board from freeride to carving and got quite a few people started on the Amp that had trouble with the very wide in comparison freeride /freestyle boards......I always thought that neat oldschool design was easier to learn on and a lot more fluid ride.........

I think a pair of catek Freerides and an old Amp is perfect fro east coast may be westy too.....How about an Amp style board custom made at Prior,s and a set of Catek Freerides maybe even with a third strap???? The ideal geezer setup........

I went to MountainView in edinboro pa. and the T-bar nearly killed me!!!! you have to really be in shape to ride that thing...yikes.......

Sorry, I always forget, being bilingual. :smashfrea

The board in the store is a 1996 model, it is more of a yellow than an orange, but it is the same graphics. Like I say on my webpage, it looks like it has been mounted, but they say it is new. Here is the translation from the catalog:

Full length vertical laminated woodcore

Wraparound edges

Aluminium tip and tail (?) protection

Total length: 1600 mm

Running length: 1330 mm

Effective edge: 1365 mm

Nose length: 200 mm

Tail length: 70 mm

Nose radius: 400 mm

Nose height: 48.97 mm

Tail radius: 150 mm

Tail height: 16.04 mm

Nose width: 272.6 mm

Waist width: 222.0 mm

Tail width: 267.4 mm

Taper: 5.2 mm

Sidecut depth: 24.00 mm

Sidecut radius: 9.23 m

Stance width: 330-480 mm (13-19")

Stance setback: 25 mm back

Rider weight: 120-200+ lbs. (55-90+ kg)

Hope this helps.

Derf....thanks for all that effort you put into those factoids and such......If I cant score one on ebay cheap enoough maybe I will contact you for the phone number etc, of that store that has one left......I really thhink it would be fun with the Freerides for east coast narrow trails....thanks again..tom :o