Note to New Members ×

greatest feeling in the world

kirtap

today i was out riding for about the 5th time this season (its my second season on hardboots) and the snow just started coming up to me. my hill is pretty small and short so i would do a few small turns and try to lay out a toeside at the bottom and i got the hang of it. it just felt so good to realize that i was touching the ground with my whole forearm without even trying to. i know thats not a very good explination, so i'll just stick with "it was the greatest feeling in the world."

on a side note, when you guys started trying to lay out heelside turns or eurocarve heelside, was it scary at first and just something you got used to? my brother says my butt/hips get within a few inches on my heelsides, but i just cant seem to get myself to try and lay out on the heelside just yet. any pointers?

thanks

when you are really compressed and forward it seems like you are not carving all that deep but when you are a little more upright you feel like you are getting much lower.

I was out the other day and I got my knee to make contact a couple times, good fun but it was weird since I did not feel all that layed out.

Kind of along the same lines, one of the moments burned into my memory is the first time I made a fast heel-to-toe transition with the board directly across the fall line - fully on the downhill edge, board uphill from my body. An instant of laughing and yelling to myself, "OMG! It works!!"

joe...

Kind of along the same lines, one of the moments burned into my memory is the first time I made a fast heel-to-toe transition with the board directly across the fall line - fully on the downhill edge, board uphill from my body. An instant of laughing and yelling to myself, "OMG! It works!!"

See my avatar! There's always a certain thrill about that move - a dive into the unknown - a magical moment of falling - total commitment - and the anticipation of the quad-burning pressure as the turn passes the apex.

I never get tired of it.

on a side note, when you guys started trying to lay out heelside turns or eurocarve heelside, was it scary at first and just something you got used to?

yes scary so to speak since you gotta commit to what will result in a wipeout or alternatively in exploring the greatest feeling in the world some more :)

you just have to commit before knowing what will happen which makes it a little scary or exciting once you have made some progress and eventually it will be just joy yeah 'just' joy

ah starting snowboarding was fun I've been thinking about it lately since I got back for free the very board I started snowboarding with and that I had sold 10 years ago and since it was mostly standing around in a garage those 10 years it's still in ridable shape :)

anyway best carves to you ...