Note to New Members ×

Jack: Question on Rotation turn and push pull method

Guest needanswer

needanswer - I think this is the first time I have ever said this: Just go ride.

Philfells' comment (quoted at the bottom of Phil's post) sums up my attitude about rotation quite nicely.

Don't worry about this rotation/counterrotation stuff for now. You said yourself that you're a beginner carver. This is really heady stuff you shouldn't be worrying about for probably a few years. For now I think your goals should be consistently being able to change edges with the board pointing across the fall-line and starting your next carve on the downhill edge. After you can do that, try to master cross-over, cross-under, and cross-through techniques. I predict once you do that, you'll find you won't even need to revisit this subject.

Above all, have fun.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

needanswer - I think this is the first time I have ever said this: Just go ride.

Ha ha ha! I think of myself as one of the nerd kings of pedantic physics discussions regarding snowboarding, but I was just thinking the same thing! You've already got too much to think about when you go carving, so go ride ;)

Guest needanswer
Ha ha ha! I think of myself as one of the nerd kings of pedantic physics discussions regarding snowboarding, but I was just thinking the same thing! You've already got too much to think about when you go carving, so go ride ;)

Nerds calling kettel black ? :freak3: guess I'm the bigger nerd.

Anyways, I'll follow's Jack's advise. Too bad I have a short attention span; riding the lift I'll be thinking :rolleyes: about techniques while going down I forget everything and "just ride" :D

thanks for all the advise