Note to New Members ×

I'm taking Friday off...where to go?

Guest astan100

Guest astan100

Hey guys,

Where should I go in the NY, NJ, PA area if I take Friday off?

I was thinking Hunter, but it's kind of a miserable mountain for carving (I'm not good enough for the steeps and the flats are way too small)

Mountain creek is supposed to be opening all their terrain, so that's a possibility, but it'll be busy I bet.

The Poconos?

-Allen

My personal favorite for carving in the local mountains is Windham... It's a small mountain but there is blue run along the main lift that is just about perfect for carving, I think it's called Whirlwind, it's wide with a good pitch. If you want a steeper pitch Why Not is also great for carving. Midweek at Windham is about as good as it gets in that it's almost deserted and the runs stay smooth almost the entire day. Check the base depth before you go and don't go on a cold day after a rainy day (probably a good idea anywhere).

The Creek shouldnt be to bad on Friday. Kids are still in school. Hunters got the blue (belt parkway) that goes around the mountain and the west mountain is not to bad if its open. I havent been to Camelback in a while but the runs there are really short. I also like Windam alot as well but I have only been there twice

Guest astan100

Belt Parkway is kinda narrow and packed full of people- I had my first run on my axis with my hard boots there and felt VERY constricted.

I'm better now (not good by any means), but I'm still a bit intimidated when the trails get narrow and it's full of people.

I figured kids were out of school...they're not?

I'll def. hit the creek if I'm not going to be swamped by annoying children grinding rails and flyign straight down the moutain without turning or caring who's in their way. :)