Note to New Members ×

MAC Tracks '06

Phil

Phil put me on the mailing list for next year (if you have one),

I think I was supposed to meet you last year but you hurt yourself or something.

Shoot a pm to Mark Brown to get on the mailing list. He posted above.

Did you come and get a lesson from Scott S.? Yeah, I got in a fight with a rail last year. The rail won and ate half of my season. I now pad up for rails. Let me know if you can make it another time this year.

Guest dudleydudley

Huge thanks to Phil for organizing it and to everyone else who helped set this up. I think there were a total of 26 people today which has got to be some sort of record. I had an absolute blast today and it was REALLY nice to be able to see what carving is supposed to look like. I hope someone who has pictures will post them.

To those who couldn't make it, you missed a really good time. Definitely plan to attend in the future.

Thanks to everyone who came from distances far and near in order to make MAC Tracks a great day. A special thanks to Roger for the clinic and Neil for the clinic and the course. Also thanks to Scott for all of his help. We have lots of pics and video to post and a website to make so be patient. Hopefully we can do it in a week or so. Here is the first pic.

MAC%20005.jpg

Great day today! (even with a painful case of shin bang). Great job, Phil, organizing the whole "shindig" (pun intended), and thx to Neil, Roger, and The Noodle for giving the clinics and helping out...great to see all the MAC regulars and meet new folks...thx Mark for setting up the listserv, too! I've got a bunch of pics and some video- they are coming, be patient.

Barry

ps email if you have funny ideas how to Photochop pics of Phil!

Do I have a target on my forehead???:confused: :lol:

It is bad enough that I blew out my circle carve, blew out my race run and had to finish the last four gates switch - which killed my time. Now we have to photoshop my pics to make my riding look worse? I am glad that I made you delete the one - maybe I should have had you delete more.:D

I'm guessing everyone's either still wiped out from MAC Tracks '06 or still riding. (I just got back from a couple hours at Whitetail---had to escape when the Saturday mobs started pouring in!)

The first-ever MAC Tracks (MAC = Mid-Atlantic Carvers) was a huge success! Many thanks to Phil Bowman (Roundtop rider/instructor) for pulling it all together, and thanks to Roger and Neil Sunday for some great instruction as well. The event was held at Ski Roundtop just south of Harrisburg, PA.

We lucked out here in the Mid-Atlantic---night temps all week were well below freezing, enabling our hurtin' resorts to crank out some much-needed snow, and by yesterday the slopes were in great condition.

Everyone showed up by 9am to find our own private room for hanging out, stashing gear, etc. Phil had sign-up sheets laid out on a table for the following events...

- beginner circle carving

- advanced circle carving

- limbo contest

- basic carving clinic

- advanced carving clinic

- slalom clinic

Chunae said above that turnout was 26, but we definitely had more (somewhere in the 30s, maybe over 40?).

Everyone hit the slopes by 9 and had a blast freecarving and at all the events. Neil set up a slalom course and gave an excellent rundown of the course, after which several folks did a free run followed by timed runs.

I heard great things about Roger's basic carving clinic, and Phil took a large advanced group (minus me) over to a black diamond headwall to work on technique on the steeps.

Roundtop's "compact" size was great for an event like this, because everybody was relatively close together and it was easy for us new carvers to watch the experienced guys and learn.

An awesome day overall and a solid kickoff for what should be a great annual event!

Scott

Guest dragonsword5

Hey just got back today. Went out to Roundtop for a few hours this morning then made it back home before the snow hit :p

Thanks so much Phil, Neil, Roger, J.B., and everyone else there. I got a lot of great tips that I'll definitely be practicing.

I LOVE SKI ROUNDTOP! What a great place! I've never been to a place that had so many wide open trails and I had my best race time over there :biggthump Is that a sign? :ices_ange

Can't wait till next year!

It was a great day to see so many carvers on the hill. we loved having everyone to our little piece of heaven, and hope ya'll had a good time!

thanks to everyone for making the long drives, riding hard all day, and keeping the eyelids open for the long ride home!

we got hit with 8 inches of snow yesterday- so gotta roll out, and make some tracks...