Note to New Members ×

The Economist plays with wax?

MJDC25

Half the time i wax, I don't bother scraping. That's partly just laziness on my part, but I've noticed the outer portions of the base scrape themselves after a run or two, and I'm not very concerned about the middle. I mostly avoid runs with long flat sections.

Zardoz notwax is incredible on warm spring days. I can totally feel a difference after putting it on. And then feel the difference again after a couple runs because it's gone.

Why not make bases out of Teflon? Does epoxy stick to it?

I don't wax for speed, I wax to preserve my base as much as possible. I guess that they did not say anything about that..?

This is a big reason for me as well.

I have also noticed very little difference in performance from one brand to next. I often use all-temp and make sure a do a thorough scrape and brush. Seems to be okay I guess.

For waxing near the edges, particularly on abrasive (very cold or manmade) snow, you can use a harder wax to address the wax getting worn more quickly. This also helps prevent base burn...

QUOTE]

that sounds like a good idea.

I can notice the difference after a good wax, especially on the flats. Edges seem far more important though.