Note to New Members ×

UPZ boots...replacing liners???

sheffy

Anyone have any advice on which liners to replace the garbage ones that come in the UPZ boots(like the feel of the boots --- but the liners are another story...they bunch up :flamethro ...its like they used too much material)---looking to replace mine before they kill my feet anymore :eek:

Yes, the stock liners suck. I replaced them on mine with Termoflex liners sold right here on Bomber and I now have the best fitting boot that I have ever had. Buckle them in the morning and never touch them until I take them off at the end of the day. Remeber to use an insole too. Very much needed in any boot. The stock insoles are terriable too.

->Ben

Anyone have any advice on which liners to replace the garbage ones that come in the UPZ boots(like the boots ---liners bunch up ...its like they used too much material)---looking to replace mine before they kill my feet anymore :eek:

since youre in canada you should look into Intuition, too. The alpine custom power wrap seems like a good one with extra heel/ankle material

alpinecPWM.jpg

since youre in canada you should look into Intuition, too. The alpine custom power wrap seems like a good one with extra heel/ankle material

alpinecPWM.jpg

where did you find that liner???? did a search and didnt find anything except a soft boot liner???

thanks

Guest Randy S.

I'd have figured they would have updated the liners by now. The first thing I did when I got my UPS boots a few years ago was chuck the liners. I took the Thermoflexes out of a pair of Raichles and had them molded to the UPSs. Worked like a charm. If you are running Intec heels, be sure to position the cables where you want them when you heat-mold the liners. Get a pair of liners from yyzcanuck and then take them to your local shop to have them molded (bring a six-pack).

I still have those POS stock UPS liners if anyone wants them (size 28). Complete crap IMO.

• 1 month later...

Is there a difference in thickness or stiffness of the material between the Intuition and the thermoflex? I have a pair of UPZ which I don't plan on using until I get a replacement liner. I currently have thermoflex in a pair of Heads and while I find them comfortable I feel the liner absorbing the movements of my foot and ankle before transferring to the shell and beyond.