Note to New Members ×

Body armor

MapofTaziFoSho

I searched...but I just wanted to post a cheaper option over the dainaise*

No I have not riden with it yet...but I have put it all on and I still have full range of motion.

I purchased oneil azonic mtn biking jacket.

Azonic%20Body%20Armor_210x249.jpg

160ish bucks

And the Burton Impact shorts...

66$ shipped

11918350_640.jpg

I will post pics of it on later. It barely fit under my GS suit...so maybe I will be getting a new one. As far as my pants n jacket...they fit snug but I could still get full movement.

My only complaint is that the plastic pieces on the O'neil are kinda big, but 220 compared to 400 is a big deal to me right now and I was willing to deal with that.

Guest Randy S.

This subject comes up repeatedly here. Glad to know you searched before posting.

FWIW, last week I tried on a new pair of padded shorts. Made by Seirus. They didn't have any rigid padding, which makes them less useful if you go in the park a lot, but great for general impact with gates/ground IMO. I really liked them and they were super comfortable. Currently I have the Red version that preceded the ones you pictured.

One nice thing abou the Dainese that I have is that the padding is more streamlined than the Azonics stuff. Therefore it fits well under a speed suit.

The Seirus shorts look like this:

89415.jpg

They were super comfy. You can get them from Campmor

Guest Randy S.

OK, I just noticed your location. I gotta ask. Do you get Trojan to sponsor your ski team so you can wear "trojan" speed suits? You should. Protection and aerodynamics.

M Go Blue!