Note to New Members ×

Hardboot instruction needed: Summit County

Scott Firestone

I will be carving in Summit County / Vail for the next few days, and I'd like to get a few hardbooting lessons while I am out here. I've already lined up some technique tune-ups with Lowell Hart, Jeff Smith, and Carve2carve for Monday / Tuesday, but I'm also looking for a lesson Saturday or Sunday in Summit County or Beaver Creek.

Anyone available? You don't have to be an instructor - you just have to be able to describe your technique, be able to teach me me how to do it, explain why it works, and explain why it works better than other techniques. Any pointers to instructors up here would be handy, too.

Thanks!

Scott,

As I mentioned in my e-mail, I will be at Copper Mtn. on Sunday. If all else fails, we could ride/discuss. I will be on a new [to me] board so I will definately have to be focusing on technique (read: thinking about what I am doing in the anal way in which my mine works).

Dustin

Scott,

Lowell, of course, is a great resource, the best! He would also be able to get you a list of Instructors that have hard boots. If you're looking for examples of great teaching, Lowell & the Vail Empire excellent places to look. They have one of the premier snowsports programs in the U.S.:biggthump

If your focus is on teaching styles don't limit yourself to hardboot only, they have fantastic instructors/coaches/supervisors that have never been near Plates, but could share a wealth of info on maximizing your potential, getting to your goals.

If your compiling a tips list, very cool! There is no single magic pill that works for everyone. The best instructor/coaches work together with their students to set attainable goals depending on motivation, skills, conditions, equipment, etc.

BTW your site rocks! The new features are terrific. If you ever travel through the flatlands of Ohio, western NY/PA, let me know, I'd like to ride with you.

Mario