Note to New Members ×

lift ticket prices

Gleb

359 for the aforementioned, plus you get 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek :biggthump ,242 for my loveland pass, and my 4 day aspen classic pass for 139. we like how tourism subsidises our riding!!

you bought the summit pass _and_ the loveland pass? funny...still less than most one mountain passes. I paid 900 last year for bachelor. definitely made up for it with 50 days, but still...compared to what youre getting for your money..welll...it _doesnt_ compare

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Current season passes out this way are $849 for Sunshine and $939 for Lake Louise. The RCR Superpass which lets you go to Louise, Nakiska, Kimberley and Fernie is $1200. They're cheaper when you buy them before the end of Sept, but still around $700 for Louise and Sunshine.

For me (10-15 days a year) the Louise and Sunshine cards are a better deal. Days 1,3 and 7 are free and you get about $14 off the reg price any other time (making it about $50 per day instead of $64). The Louise card is good for all 4 of the RCR resorts as well.

Gleb, I left New Zealand three and a bit years ago and moved half way around the world to live, travel and snowboard. I highly recommend it.

Well my sister got a job offer for about $500,000 a year in alaska with a 3 year contract. Its tough though, and gets boring and old fast. But for half a mil, i think i can manage it. Skiing/riding anytime i'm not working is something i can get used to.:o

wait...$500k a year? wtf?

and...where do you come into this?

god I cant believe the kind of money that gets tossed around in this world. really, really cant

Guest Ghostrider

"If you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do."

...sadly I am still proving that you will in fact be a year old when you do it...but grad school..is..fun?

"If you can afford to go to college, you don't need to go."

(Quoting Warren Miller)

$374 for a season pass at bittersweet in southwest michigan.

350 vertical and 100 acres..15 acres steep enough to carve. I rather look at the cost per hour ratio rather than the cost per size ratio.....

but at $30 per day thatll be paid off by this week :)

Simon

how hard would it be to pick up and move to one of these areas for the season? Im not a huge traveler and might need to force myself to do so...getting out of america might be good for me

Speaking french is an absolute necessity for the smaller resorts, and there is a certain amount of 'resistance' to an anglo invasion here. It's going to be easier in bigger resorts like Tignes, Val d'Isere, Les Arcs or Chamonix etc, where there is a massive english-speaking population over the winter. Getting work shouldn't be too hard, but accomodation might be a bit crungy - if it's anything like the summer seasonal workers on the south coast you are probably looking at living in a 2 bed apartment with 5 others, unless you're willing to spend near everything you earn on accomodation.

Hope that's some minor help

Simon

wait...$500k a year? wtf?

and...where do you come into this?

god I cant believe the kind of money that gets tossed around in this world. really, really cant

ya i couldnt believe it myself, till one of my friend's co workers was offered a job for $2 mill for 4 years by cvs. Pharmacist get paid alot. My sister works in brooks pharmacy in Boston and she gets $100k. The demand is extremly high and that is why i got into it.

Grad school is only a slight possibility because we automatically graduate with a PhD in pharmacy. And yes, there is alot of money out there, sadly, to get it, you just need to be informed. I just wished teachers got paid more than they do. They deserve so much more.

As for the French Alps, that would probably have to wait for a winter break in a few years. Thanks for the help regarding that.

Guest Ghostrider

Pharmacist - Fairbainks, AK

I think that the "in college salary report" may be in effect a little here. I found the same thing happens in Computer Science. Students always hear about those people making half a mil a year fresh out of college but its more likely you'll see something about a fifth or a tenth of that when it comes to your salary. Unless you have some kind of specialty like being a nuclear pharmacist in chernobyl...

Its kinda like how every day somebody wins the lottery...but it'll never be you.

Not that $115k a year is anything bad at all. You could snowboard quite comfortably on that...maybe even get those Titanium TD2's :1luvu:

Anybody running those things?

Could I get the bails anodized green?

Green for the money. Gold for the honey.

pimpin.jpg

Pharmacist - Fairbainks, AK

I think that the "in college salary report" may be in effect a little here. I found the same thing happens in Computer Science. Students always hear about those people making half a mil a year fresh out of college but its more likely you'll see something about a fifth or a tenth of that when it comes to your salary. Unless you have some kind of specialty like being a nuclear pharmacist in chernobyl...

Its kinda like how every day somebody wins the lottery...but it'll never be you.

Not that $115k a year is anything bad at all. You could snowboard quite comfortably on that...maybe even get those Titanium TD2's :1luvu:

Anybody running those things?

Could I get the bails anodized green?

Green for the money. Gold for the honey.

pimpin.jpg

nah i didn't hear about it from my college. I just read it off a letter I found on my sister's desk. it seems a position like that wasn't something they offered to everyone. I'll talk to her and see exactly what she wouldve had to do, because i'm pretty sure its was more than just a regular pharmacist. CVS and brooks pharmacy offers positions like that to veteran employees. I am pretty suprized they didnt have it on salary.com. Another thing i know is that those jobs are not always snatched up right away. That only leads me to think there is something else you have to do other than be a regular pharmacist. I guess time will tell me.

damn. is it too late for me to become a pharmacist?

:)

or...hell...maybe Ill just marry one. Help me open that pool room Ive been thinkin about

;) before any feminists get mad

and there are plenty of female pharmacists. my school is 68% girls. :biggthump:biggthump

Last season after purchasing the $99 Sunday only season pass (0 blackouts) I got a letter in the mail about the end of April. The offer was a season pass for Angel Fire for $149 if I commited early. Should get the same offer this year at the end of the season. Sad thing is I passed on it as I'm lucky to go every Sunday as is.

How's that for a deal? :) Still doesn't compare to the $350 A-Basin season pass that you get 5 additional lifts to Keystone and Breck with. Damn Colorado!