Note to New Members ×

Longboard - eBay

RJ-PS

Best guess is 2002/2003 , however it is one of the most recent seen in North America. Last couple years few have made it to the USA from Germany. Others here on BOL can likely pin it down better.

Awesome snowboard and improved from previous years. A little stiffer, super nice lacquer 3d embossed top sheet, snappy and a dream in the POW!!

IMO Tanker Longboard Gallery

I believe it is the 03/04 model.

Here is what I can piece together with my limited knowledge:

99/00 Tankers were Millenium Tankers (first crowns)

00/01 Tankers were black with squiggley line down them

01/02 Tankers were white with squiggley line down them

02/03 Tankers were all Crowns black and grey with gold crown

03/04 Tankers were pearlescent white 3d topsheet (also included the helicat editions)

04/05 Tankers were black

05/06 Tankers are on the website currently www.rad-air.com

Please anyone with better history or knowledge feel free to jump in and make corrections.

RJ

Not to hi jack the thread, but since it has the attention of some of the Tanker folks. Anyone know the year and info about this one?

I have a black 172cm , excellent barely used condition. Just curious about its lineage. I think I saw one similiar pointed out as a 2001/2002. Perhaps Sandy, Dave or RJ would be able to confirm. I wonder if all the 172cm Tankers where tagged as Dani Kiwi or if this is a limited model??

Thanks in advance.

Purdy longboard.ra_tanker_172_tp.jpg

Yea Brian,

That's the 01/02. The next year, it had that same curve line down the board but the board was white.

Dunno 'bout the Dani Kiwi as I only recieved dealer pics from RA. They are long gone but they were pretty low quality anyway and I believe they were drawn "concept" images, non zoomable. Part of a PDF form with details.

Dave

It's the 00/01 like I put in my list further up the thread.

You can also see a German shop that gives dates here:

http://www.snowboard-shopping.de/index.html?/boarddetail253.html

In answer to your other question:

There are three designers for the Tankers, Dani, Ralph, and Flo. They put their names on the ones that they claim. Supposedly they ride all of them, but I'd have a hard time letting the 200 sit for very long.

I would say that after the 200 the 172 is the one that I get the most calls on. I am working on getting them in for this season. Who knows....it's always a crap shoot with Rad-Air!

post-146-141842206068_thumb.jpg