Note to New Members ×

Free Skiing with Tahoe Card Purchase

Pat Donnelly

From FirstTracksOnLine.com . . .

Tahoe City, CA (Monday, October 24, 2005) - SnowBomb.com is offering every Tahoe Card buyer a free “SugarWood” lift ticket when they purchase the ski and snowboard discount card before December 1, 2005. The SugarWood lift ticket is valid for an adult all day lift ticket to ski or ride at either Kirkwood or Sugar Bowl.

The Tahoe Card also comes with over $300-worth of free items, including eight days of free rentals, unlimited free hot waxes and several free tune ups. “The Tahoe Card more than pays for itself in one day on the hill in Tahoe, and the more you use it the more you save,” explains Jim McAlpine, president of SnowBomb.com. “For the person who visits Tahoe three or four times a year, it can save hundreds of dollars.”

The membership-based Tahoe Card is a discount lift ticket program that allows card holders to purchase discounted lift tickets at several Lake Tahoe resorts. Most discounts are unrestricted and valid on weekends and holiday dates. Card holders are eligible for 20% to 70% discounts on daily lift tickets at Sugar Bowl, Squaw Valley USA, Kirkwood, Alpine, Diamond Peak, Mt. Rose, Boreal, Homewood, Northstar-at-Tahoe, Sierra-at-Tahoe, and Bear Valley. Dining and lodging discounts are also included with each membership.

The pre-season rate for the Tahoe Card is $39.99 and cards may be purchased online at www.snowbomb.com. While Tahoe Cards are available all winter, the free SugarWood lift ticket offer expires after December 1, 2005.

I believe tne Sugarwood Ticket is good Sunday to Friday. Sugarbowl wouldn't be my favorite choice for carving, but it is a killer resort for deep pow access with it being close to I-80 and immune to avalanche delays until noon. Kirkwood has several carvnig runs, two are black diamonds for those that have a need for speed. I wouldn't want to be the groomer working on cables at the top of a black diamond...no-no :barf:

It looks like a great deal, but what is this e-ticket malarky? How does it work?

Do you have to buy the tickets through their website or something? I tried to find out the details, but some of the pages won't come up here on our computer, maybe they are blocked or it is ads or something.... If it is as simple as it sounds, then it pays itself off with a day at kirkwood and the rest is profit :-)

Kip, you should definitely look into it. If nothing else it's an inexpensive day at Kirkwood and you do get discounts at the other resorts. I think E ticket deal is that you have to preorder and then pick up your ticket at the resort. We bought ours for the Kirkwood deal.

Daneille