Note to New Members ×

Ot

Guest dragon fly jones

Guest dragon fly jones

Why is Nascar even on this late?

I mean I am a redneck and all, but going around in circles, pshhht. Give me some news or SNL. No digi cable since that fund went to boots.

DFJ,

NASCAR's goal is to go global; to lose it's core if that is what it costs. Even if that core is rednecks flying the Confederate Flag and smoking pork ribs and was the money that got it to where it is now. The BIG money, however, is in global, or semi-global competition that allows a plethora of highly unrelated sponsors and advertisers breeding a remora-like symbiosis that reels in highly-unrelated markets to feed off of the host.

Kinda like was has happened to SNOWBOARDING.

NASCAR has the France family. Snowboarding has the Burton (Carpenter) family. Why doesn't he go by Carpenter?

Mark

Guest dragon fly jones

Look at us, flannel, trucker hats, wandering around ready to poach some big game cougar. Oh we may act like we aren't but we are.

Out in the woods, carrying around tools no one else would use, barbeque'n by the side of the hill, hollerin at yer kids (not much), scruffy, drivin all night for a drag race. The parallels are there you just have to want to see them.

Me I can claim it.

Don't matter if your black white brown or runnin around with polka dots.

Raise the chardonnay I mean BUDWIESER and do yourself proud!

Guest dragon fly jones

Phil I am headed that way to reconnect with my inner red.

Randy - If I could make that happen I would just for you and for all of the readers to see. I take that as a friendly challenge.

i hope that I can bust it out at copper in a few week.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw. I already have the triple name - and I would hope that people would see the irony in all of it, but you know people would freak.

It reminds me of when I was rocking a "skiing is for little fat kids" sticker on the blast. Some random lady called me out at Mammoth and told me I was hurting feelings and was a bad bad man. Then I pointed out all the little fat kids skiing and then she really went of about thyroids, medical this that and beyond, I guess she was a little fat kid who took up skiing. Never can tell. Funny when it happened, even funnier to remember.

There were days as the only dragon fly who was a snowboarder, now my vato's and others are bringing it home. odelay and holla.

DFJ--

come east...I'll take you out and show you some real redneck fun. dirtbikes, mudbogs, night fishin', PBR, pig roastin' guns, fireworks and some good old fashioned whorin'...

-Noah

now thats what I call a good time....I got a few redneck bars up in my parts we can always get drunk on some busch on tap and go cow tipping.....ye haw