Note to New Members ×

Help w\ board recomendations

Guest Jagger

Currently riddding a HOT 168 asym w\ dolomite ski boots when I bought the board I weighed 170 now Iweigh 250 and the board isn,t stiff enough. I was thinking of going to a superG board in the area of 185-190 what do you think.

Thanks Jagger

How to Buy an Alpine Snowboard

The Rise and Fall of the Holy Asymmetric Empire

It also matters how tall you are, but since you are just getting back into the sport I wouldn't go over 180. Prior makes a nice 175 with an 11.9m radius. They can probably work with you on selecting a stiffer core if you want, and you don't mind waiting for them to build you a board. Other standard board recommendations here are Donek, Coiler, F2, Volkl....

where is the bulk of your 250 lbs? Ha just kidding.:)

One or two boards you might consider is a 177 F2 Speedster if you want a fast carving board or a Coiler 177 AM. I weigh a little less than you at 6'3" and have both of these boards they ride extremely well for big guys like us. These are little hard to find but if you ever ride them you'll find out why - it is not they are rare it is because the owners are like gun owners "From my cold dead hands":D

Thanx for the replys as to the bulk of the 250# it came from lifting and height wise I'm 5,10 at least I still know there are still Eurocarvers out there The 177 sounds good maybe I can find one.

Thanx Jagger

Guest dragonfly jones

You may be pushing the weight on a blast, I have new model and have seen some big dudes bend it like crazy - Pete Thorndike comes to mind along with some beefy Euros, it may not be enough board.

Try a Niedecker, F2, Donek, Liberation or a Volkl, they have beefier cores and are pretty bomb proof. Adam Smith is 6ft plus and a good 220 and he rides Donek - I think Thorndike is on Coliers, most of the really big (mass wise) guys are on some custom boards.

Hope that this helps a little bit.

Dragonfly Jones

Guest dragonfly jones

In the winter I get close to 200 plus pounds and that is aout the limit on my 68 blast, I slim down in the spring for mtb racing and the it rides like a dream - well it always does but it seemingly performs better!

Glad to help.

DFJ

Actually, Mr. fly Jones, Pete rides Doneks.

As for Jaggers weight check out what Donek and Coiler has, sometimes they have odd boards that are too stiff for the costumer that they were originally made for, these might work out great for you. If not my node will always go for F2s for me they ride supreme.

Guest dragonfly jones

Phil could sworn I saw him on something else after riding the blasts.

That's good for him - Sean makes some sick boards and they should help push back on top.

Thanks for the clarification.

DFJ