Note to New Members ×

Did anyone actually buy the Ti Gold Diggers?

mirror70

If so, I'm curious about how the fasteners have held up. Looking at my chart, I see that using Ti fasteners in Aluminum pieces ranks right up there with shooting yourself in the foot.

Have any of you guys had problems with this, or is there something special about the Ti fasteners that Bomber uses?

Mirror70,

Actually, there is really only two parts that are made of Ti on the Ti TD2, the bails and the Shoulder Bolts. For the bails it is not an issue as they do not see any "tool" interface, and the Shoulder Bolts really do not see a lot as well. And we grease the heck out of the Shoulder Bolts to keep them from "galling". But, yes, if we did use Ti on say the big M8 flat heads you would want to be very carefull witht he wrench, one of the reasons we stayed with Stainless for those.

But, yes, if we did use Ti on say the big M8 flat heads you would want to be very carefull witht he wrench, one of the reasons we stayed with Stainless for those.

Ok, just making sure. I was considering swapping out all of my hardware for Ti hardware, but wanted to see if you were using some sort of trick to keep the two metals from eating each other.