Note to New Members ×

I need some help!

Guest Ste

First of all, hi everybody, I'm Stefano from Italy. :)

I practise snowboarding since 1994. I consider myself quite expert in snowboarding. I have learnt with a asymmetrical burton factory prime (157), then with a symmetrical factory prime (of the same length) and recently I have bought a Nitro gtr 152 (cause it was new and offered at only 50 €).

Now I need some advice from you.

I'm 173 cm (5' 8'') tall and my weight is 70 kg (154 lbs), what do you think is my right snowboard size? I want a snowboard for free carving, not for competition.

Second advice: I ride only a week in a year, so I don't want to spend too much for a snowboard. I found some intersting offer in ebay.de:

- F2 silberpfeil 04/05 162, new 299 € (starting price) + 25 € for delivering

- Trans Carbon 163, new 199 € (starting price) + 25 € for delivering

- Burton factory prime 167, used but in good condition, 50 € (is completly red on the top, of wich year is?) + 36 € for delivering.

What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks to all who will answer me. :biggthump

PS: sorry for my terrible english. :D

It's a great board, and it's a good length for your next board. There is no one "correct" length for someone to use, like there used to be for skis. But 162 is a good "next step" for you, and F2s are high quality. The Burton 167 has a longer sidecut radius, better suited to racing. Also, here is some more detailed advice about buying alpine boards:

http://bomberonline.com/articles/how_to_buy_snowboard.cfm

However, I don't know anything about Trans Carbon.

Hi Stefano,

Welcome to Bomber. I am almost the same size as you (1,74m, 75kg) and I ride a Nitro GTX 166 (almost the same as GTR, a little narrower). You may find 152. To be short for a carving board. High 150's or low 160's would be good.

As for the boards, you may find the Burton Factory Prime stiff and harder to turn because of the longer sidecut radius. I never rode one, but everyone has good comment on the F2, a good buy in my opinion. Like Jack, I don't know anything about the Trans Carbon.

Thanks for the advices.

I don't know anything about Trans Carbon too, I think it's a Czech brand, is selled in this online shop http://www.water-colors.de/shop1/uebersicht.php4?CID=71

I want a longer board because I often ride in the first days of december, when the snow came more from cannons than from sky, so it often is icy and with a short board it's difficult to maintain the grip during the carve (maybe I also need to improve my technique :D).

Guest Randy S.

If you are going to buy a Trans, the only one to buy is the "Bastard". I know almost nothing about that board, but with that name, who wouldn't want one.

Ladia (a Czech guy who lives here in the Bay Area) has (had?) one. Very narrow. It looked like fun to ride.