Note to New Members ×

New GS Board?

RobRidesSquaw

Hey,

I am going to have to get a new GS board this year and I dont really know what to get. I train at squaw and am going to try to race some more sl and gs this year. My coach, mort, has talked about Reality 1 boards, but i dont know if those are actually being made yet...

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good level GS race board if that doesnt work out? I am looking for a 172ish size with a 20 inch waste if possible.

Thanks,

-Rob

Guest Randy S.

Rob,

Since you'd have to wait too long to get a coiler from Bruce, I'd suggest looking at the Donek options. Talk with Sean and see what he'll build for you. There are a bunch of stock race boards out there if you don't have the cash for a full custom. Check out their site. If you want to try my Coiler or my big Donek (210) this winter, let me know. I'm usually over at Alpine, but sometimes I make it to Squaw. I could certainly hook up with you to loan you a board. I may not be riding in December, depending on how fast my hip rehab progresses.

Randy

Rob,

Since you'd have to wait too long to get a coiler from Bruce, I'd suggest looking at the Donek options. Talk with Sean and see what he'll build for you. There are a bunch of stock race boards out there if you don't have the cash for a full custom. Check out their site. If you want to try my Coiler or my big Donek (210) this winter, let me know. I'm usually over at Alpine, but sometimes I make it to Squaw. I could certainly hook up with you to loan you a board. I may not be riding in December, depending on how fast my hip rehab progresses.

Randy

Thanks, i'll check Donek out

I remember your 210 from the Race to the Cup at Squaw, that thing is a beast. If I haven't gotten a board by the time your hip has gotten better I might take you up on the coiler, but until then healing vibes!

-Rob

Guest dragon fly jones

he has way more boards than I do (far to many) ask him and he may be able to hook you up with a prior or bs or oxygen or something.

Have a nice night.