Note to New Members ×

XXX Snowboards.

forrest

Guest dragonfly jones

I used to rep for them - they have been out existence for quite some time, however the boards were good for the time, quality construction, good base - keep it waxed well and it will last you for a couple of seasons - one caveat - they tended to come out a little base center high, run a true bar on it and see if there is any issue. Other than that, you got yourself a good little ride.

Have fun and ride hard.

Chuck B

hey thanks for the information about the board.

Do you know what market they were aimed at. For instance are they a more all around board or aim at a little more agressive style? I ask because I've only ridden one board previously (for more than five years) and want to figure out what style of board I prefer.

thanks again.

walker

do you know why they went out of business?

Guest dragonfly jones

Ah man those boards where manufactured for the above reasons and styles.

Now the tough question why did they close door - two reasons - we were a accesories company wax, t-shirts, hats, gloves, bags, packs and the like - the owner Larry wanted to attack the burtons and sims of the world and spent a ton of money on tool up there own molds and such for boards and bindings instead of licensing from others - they made boards from scratch, and lost our asses, we were making more than enough money to be successful and expand but the tooling, manu process, and for your information at that time in snowboarding there were something like 300 companies making boards - true story here - this was before the snowboard market crash, the next year after the Vegas show we had good orders and shipped right to the shops in a very bad snow year, losing $$$, Larry bought a house in Telluride, bleeding cash, cheated on his wife, got caught, divorced his ass and took EVERYTHING, we were out of business by June 1 of that year, no notice to the reps, shops or team riders, just POOF. There is more to the story -- but this is a family site and well some things are just left unsaid.

So there this the readers digest verison . Any questions let me know....