Note to New Members ×

OT : Got dirt ? ( car related )

Guest Marty

Rally cross is way too cool. I haven't done it yet, but I haven't found any groups doing it near me. (that I know of.)

That looked like a really nice, pristine field. How'd it look after the event? I hope the owner was prepared for the ruts. :D

That is so cool! Love to see that stuff :biggthump

So what cars seemed to do very well in that? How did the STI do? I assume all wheel drive is good in that?

Hope the soccer team who had to practice on that afterwards where not too pissed :eplus2:

And to think of all the times I have done that when there was not race course set up :ices_ange

Rally Cross is something that I would really like to get into, but it is all about AutoX in the Chicago area. All the kids are afraid to get their cars dirty :mad:

It's the best of both worlds. You can keep the DIRT track guys happy, while appealing to the raod race crowd too :biggthump

So what cars seemed to do very well in that? How did the STI do? I assume all wheel drive is good in that?

The competition isn't very stiff right now since it's so young and all of the big-time guys are either on pavement or doing club rallies. You can be competitive in pretty much any reasonable vehicle. The important things are that it's not a car you care too much about and also that you have another ride home. Since almost nobody has a dedicated and purpose-built venue, the courses always end up with VERY deep ruts that not only can destroy your car, but can (and do) hugely affect your technique and line.

AWD cars are classed together, so AWD doesn't really help.

it is all about AutoX in the Chicago area.

I autocross a little... :D

I used to drive this,

tire%20boy-3262-nov%202%20autox.JPG

now I have this.

tire%20boy-4109-dsc_0279.jpg

Autocrosses are 2, sometimes 3 weeks apart. Time to start another hobby... ( not with the rabbit, donno if 600# springs in the dirt are a good idea. :) )