Note to New Members ×

Bike safe boys

ARCrider

Ride safe guys. I'm going to a funeral service tomorrow for a good friend who passed away suddenly last Thursday on his way to work. As I understand it he didn't manage to avoid a truck that pulled out in front of him. This guy was not a crazy daredevil of a rider. When he wanted to go fast he went to the track. He was 51 years young with wife, parents, children, grandchildren and friends who will miss him. What a downer! I'm feeling awful blue.

:ices_ange you've got your wings now Greg

While traveling in Northern Minn last month we came up on a recent fatal motorcycle accident on the Pokegoma Lake bridge. It was a sport bike, the rider was taveling north and a southbound van pulling a boat lost a water pull toy out of the back. It evidently wrapped around the riders neck. NOTE: Tie your stuff down after boating. What a tragic lost of life. The family in the van will have a lifetime to remember this horrible ending to a fun day of boating.

I love motorcycles and from time to time I ride. I would very much like to add a motorcycle to the toy box. I have had too many "Close Calls". A "Track Bike" would definitely be a plan when funds allow.

Sorry for your loss ARCrider. Going to the funeral of friends and loved ones is

tough, your memories keep them alive forever. Celibrate their lives.

I agree, please be safe guys and gals.

It's definitely a risk that riders take every time they start up the bike. Personally I am convinced that my ex has paid someone $20K to kill me and make it look like an accident. I see that guy at least once every time I'm out. Although it has been mentioned before, Keith Code's books "A Twist of the Wrist" help with street riding too. The product is a safe trip and the focus should be on the environment, and when riding still takes focus away from observation of the environment (new rider, new bike, new pipe, riding with friends), the risk goes up. Be aware and ride safe, Keith's books are a recommended read for any rider, track or street.