Note to New Members ×

Skyline Super Furnace

Jack M

2023_08_22_SKYLINE-140-Edit-1.jpg

https://skylineouterwear.ca/product/super-furnace/

This is my third and best insulator/puff from Skyline/FA.  Going on my 2nd winter with this one.  Very warm.  A little warmer than an LL Bean 850 down jacket, but synthetic Primaloft, so you don't have to worry about moisture.  Breathability is excellent.  The "3D woven seamless baffles" are not just marketing.  I've had zero leakage of insulation material which is common with down and sewn baffles.

I wear this by itself around town and for dog walking, and for sub-zero polar vortex days on the hill under a shell or another jacket.  Then it is supremely toasty.  I would not want it to touch the snow while carving, but it has proven to be more durable than my old LLB.  It still looks new.

The side pockets are unlined mesh which is not the coziest for hands, but allows the pockets to double as vents.  The mesh maximizes breathability and packability, and minimizes weight.  You can also put stuff behind the hand pockets from the inside.  The interior vertical chest pocket is also mesh.  It's good for a phone, sunglasses, etc.  Being inside the insulation is good for your phone battery but with a tradeoff on convenience.

The fleece lined collar is a perfect height and comfy on the face.  Tiny SL logo on the collar is stealth.  The zipper is a YKK "anti-crease" unit.  Seems pretty standard, but is beefed up from the previous generation, which is welcome.  I am 5'11", 220lbs, wearing the XL comfortably.

Highly recommended.