Note to New Members ×

Edge tuning tools 🛠️

i8summer

On 12/12/2023 at 3:33 PM, ShortcutToMoncton said:

Your website says it’s no longer in stock nor available. Looks like you got the last one 🙂

I finally received it today it looks well made and simple to use also got pink fine stones with it.  Not planning on cutting new angles on my boards anyway so that should be a good tool for maintaining edges . That’s way out of my league as far as changing angles. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 8:58 AM, michael.a said:

Electric sharpener and roto brush is the only way.

I haven't gone so far as an electric sharpener yet, but I just tried out a Race Wax snowboard roto brush set for the first time and WOW that was violent. But also the base is cleaner than I've ever gotten it on muscle power alone in a fraction of the time. Haven't thrown it at CH4/Pro Polar yet, but I'm optimistic.

Also, I seem to be in need of a nice corded electric drill. The cheap off-brand one I dug out of the garage appears to have a slightly off-center chuck, and the recommended 2,500RPM for horsehair and nylon brushes was enough to vibrate some stuff off my solid wood work bench. Yikes.

Those are dirt cheap. The newest battery drills are probably more than fine at this point, they are really great. If you’re using it only for this specific purpose and don’t want to worry about charging, the gently used market for corded is pretty solid (at least in my area) with everyone switching over to battery.