Note to New Members ×

Donek Axis Question

mnfusion

A few thoughts and suggestions

Boots- for freeriding with plates I am very fond of the Nordica tr-12, a nice soft flex, the ankle lock only prevents backwards rotation of the cuff, allows forward flex(this I like for free riding) unlike the Scarpa Titan/Denali, Lowa Evos, the old raichle 121s, or any of the snowboard specific hardboots. The Nordica tr 12s are also great for hiking and work very well with burton race plates, not so great in td1s or td 2s.

Boards- It was mentioned a few posts up about the custom builders having templates from previous customers one offs. I have a few Priors that might be what you are after, Chris probably has these templates around

a) An old Greg Salmon design 172 x 23 waist 12m cut round tail, good all mountain stick, although only slightly better than my 179 4x4 in powder ( I'm 210lbs)

b) I picked this one up used but an old Prior Perry Byzick bordercross deck, not sure the exact specs cause its got a 159 topsheet, but it measures out to about a 166 x 25 waist with I think a around a 9m cut and a squarer than 4x4 tail profile with minimal tail up turn, this has turned out to be one of my all time favorites for messing around on and If was being sent with only one deck this is what I would take.

c) This past spring Prior had a prototype kicking around the shop that seemed pretty close to my Byzik stick, basically a 24 waisted 4x4, not sure if he will add it to the stocker line up or what its going to be called

sorry no digi cam ergo no pictures