Note to New Members ×

Anyone have trouble with Dakine warranty service?

CB Utah

Just curious, because I had a Dakine tool self destruct after a few weeks and it’s been radio silence for the last two months.  I’ve sent inquiries but nothing.  I even checked the junk folder to see if a reply went there.  All I have is the acknowledgment my claim and documentation were successfully sent.  

Thanks

Wow, CB, that is really weak customer service on their part. Especially since it is what I would assume is a relatively low-ticket item. Was it one of their ratcheting screw drivers, by chance? I have one of those and it is quirky at times. Regardless of the price tag, they owe you an explanation and a new tool at a minimum!

On the other end of the customer service spectrum is a company out your way called(dare I say it on a Snowboard forum...but they have plenty of snowboard related stuff also!) www.utahskigear.com. I have had quite good experiences with them and also www.yyzcanuck.com. For example, I returned a waxing table two weeks ago to USG, no questions asked, for a full refund and they even covered shipping on the returned item.

I do not know what companies are thinking when they do not truly support their products. The whole customer service experience seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird these days. Since they are not getting back to you quickly for a resolution, I guess business is so good that they don't have time. 😞 That is really lame.

Hi Chris, in fact it was the Dakine torque driver.  I also own the stance driver and it has been flawless.  I take it with me everywhere.  The torque driver had some sort of internal shear happen after a few uses.  It rotates freely now, regardless of switch position.  Agree about Utah Ski Gear; great customer service every single time and their separate tuning/racing supplies shop is awesome.  

Resolved:  Tried calling the Dakine customer service number, and that works great, provided you want to buy something.  The extension for warranty service is not accepting calls.  So I tried the company at their store website email address, used for ordering or checking on orders and a customer service representative resolved the issue within 5 minutes.  What started in February had now been successfully resolved.  Hope this helps anyone in the future.  

Hey there CB. Way to stick with it, well played on your part!! Now you have yourself another tool to bring to the mountain. Will be interesting to see if the ratchet in the forthcoming one wears out as well......could be just a bad design or a very strange coincidence that you and I have the same tool, we had the same problem, and here we are on the same Forum...hmmm. 

Perhaps I should look up their number! Thanks for closing the loop on that one.

C