Note to New Members ×

Mt. Hood Meadows last day

Dan

I went up to Meadows to enjoy the last day of operations. (Side note: I was kind of ticked off to notice that they'd only groomed about half the open runs, but whatever - it's not like lousy grooming at Meadows is anything new.)

Anyway, I was riding on Cascade and ran into Bryan (oldsnowboards.com), Mike Tinkler (maker of red-hot plates and custom boards), and Ed (oldsnowboards.com's first and only sponsored rider). (When I caught up to them, they said they'd yelled at me from the chair. Drat, and here I thought I was riding so well that random strangers were cheering for me. Maybe in a few years.)

So just to set the scene, these are three guys with something like 50+ years of snowboarding history between them, and I was pretty stoked to ride with them. And then! On our second or third lap together, we're at the top of Cascade, and a teenager skates over on his freestyle deck to ask:

<b><i>"Is that more fun than snowboarding?"</i></b>

When I stopped laughing, I told him that it <i>was</i> snowboarding, and Bryan suggested that he check out BOL. Hope he makes it over here and that he doesn't mind that I posted this story, but it was too classic not to share.

Hey Dan, that was just too funny! He was such a clean cut innocent young man. The look on his face when we all "Lit Up" with big smiles and laughter. He was even kind enough to repeat the comment for Mike who was just out of hearing range. What a good sport! We have all heard something similar, this was just such a "Classic Moment". I do hope he follows up and visits the sight. Someday he could recall the moment (probably right after he takes us all "To School" with some serious carving).

Dan, we were "Cheering You On". You were looking good and we had the perfect vantage point. You have taught that Osin some new tricks! Fun day for sure , even though MHM probably couldn't have made it through another week. Glad we all got to ride together, great way to finish up the season at MHM.

Tim. With cool gloves like those, how could you not be "Oldsnowboards" sponsored!!! Dude you are the "Real Deal".

Your energy is strong Grasshopper!!.