Note to New Members ×

OT Skateboard: Longboard purchase

jkallinen

Exkates are designed for turning...not going fast you will be able to carve unreal turns with those trucks (thing 360carves) but I can't imagine a case that I would want to bomb on them. I friend in Hawaii had the same board as I do set up with them and for the local hills he could turn circles around me (literally at times but when it came to speed he broke out the Randles. As for setup finding the right alround tension does take time though over time/experience you will ride looser than when you start (read as start tight and loosen as you get comfortable...the nice thing about skateboards is that owning a quiver is cheaper than snowboarding...says he who has 4 setups always ready (pool, street, ramp and DH/cruising) though I need a Slalom and a sliding DH board

Originally posted by jkallinen

I couldn`t wait till June to get my new board. Was riding it around playing with my son and one of the old bushings in the trucks fell out. There wasn`t much left of it after 26 years of abuse. So I decided to custom build a board at Streetboardz.com and think I found a pretty good setup for my boarding experiance.

The board I got is a Vision Hot Rod 40"

Randall 2 180 Longboard trucks and 73mm Gravity Super G at 78a. Looking forward to

riding it.

Take a look around there website and you might find a board you`ll like ;)

I am beginning to wonder about this deal, ordered on the 20th and have yet to get any replies to my emails and they don`t answer there phone. :mad: I sure hope I didn`t get screwed on this deal. They already charged me for it, but If I don`t recieve anything by tomorrow I`ll be forced to contact my credit card company. :mad:

Originally posted by jkallinen

I am beginning to wonder about this deal, ordered on the 20th and have yet to get any replies to my emails and they don`t answer there phone. :mad: I sure hope I didn`t get screwed on this deal. They already charged me for it, but If I don`t recieve anything by tomorrow I`ll be forced to contact my credit card company. :mad:

Something to remember about skateboarders...we skate...if it is a choice between work and a choice pool/DH/ramp/or ever a good curb rolling on 4 wheels will win out...this especially true when you are ordering from a small shop...yes it sucks waiting butI am so used to it living overseas that I don't notice anymore

Well, at least Milehighskates.com didn`t burn me. I ordered everything on that list above and recieved free shipping and recieved it already. Rocket Rons bearings

are killer. Never road a bearing so smooth and fast. At least I have something to ride while waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Been waiting for going on 3 weeks for this board to arrive. And does this

baby fly. My son couldn`t keep up with me on his bike when I took it out

for a test spin. :lol:

100_1420a.jpg

100_1421a.jpg

100_1425a.jpg

It came with Gravity Super G 73mm 85a black wheels but I decided to put

a set I just bought from mile high with Rockin Rons Rockets inside kryptonic

hawaiian 70mm 78a. What a differense they made.

Sweet ride! I have a Sector9 Cosmic2 that's a hoot, but moreso for slalom, tight parking lots than for bombing.

A month ago I got a Loaded Pintail, and I'm a Loaded convert. Awesome board, and now I'd like to add a Vanguard to the quiver. (Next year!)

For the moment, I've got my S9 setup with RII 180's and 3DM Avilons. The Pin has Seismic 150's shod with Flashbacks.

WHOO! Bring on the hills!