Note to New Members ×

Magic

Gecko

Any eastcoasters here been to Magic recently? in the 80s it was a favorite of mine but I hadn't realized that it had reopened since the bankruptcy thing in 89(living all over the world has a way of putting one out of touch). I remember it having alot of bermed turns/corners. Well that and that the face was beyond my skills when bumpy. The resort used to be very "family" laid back and quiet, unlike say Stratton...this still true?

I've been renting a condo at magic for 6 years but I've been getting Stratton season passes. Magic is indeed open and has been for the 6 years I've been staying there. It has changed owners at least once during that time and seems to be perpetually on the verge of bankruptcy. It has not changed a bit since the 80's. It is a cool, funky little mountain and with natural cover can be a blast. It is not a good mountain for carving due to the lack of grooming. It has some really steep stuff and that is never touched by a groomer so bump skiers love it. It is never crowded, even on holidays. On a powder day it is the place to be - you can find powder all day long as opposed to Stratton or any other mainstream mountain where it would be chewed up within a couple of hours. I've become addicted to corduroy so I only go there on powder days or on holidays to escape the masses.