Note to New Members ×

O-Sin 168 specs?

tpalka

This board has been talked up so much on this forum that I'm thinking of picking one up, given the <$160 price. I found specs for the 178 on the Dynastar site, but nothing about the 168.

I'm 6' tall, weigh 185-190 lbs, would the 168 be a decent board for me?

My other boards are a 180 Donek custom twin-tip and a 184 Coiler PRII, and they feel great. I actually rode the Coiler in 5-12" fresh a few days ago and had a great time -- but would like a floatier board for any other powder days we may get :)

I don't have much experience with boards, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks,

tom.

Originally posted by tpalka

This board has been talked up so much on this forum that I'm thinking of picking one up, given the <$160 price. I found specs for the 178 on the Dynastar site, but nothing about the 168.

I'm 6' tall, weigh 185-190 lbs, would the 168 be a decent board for me?

My other boards are a 180 Donek custom twin-tip and a 184 Coiler PRII, and they feel great. I actually rode the Coiler in 5-12" fresh a few days ago and had a great time -- but would like a floatier board for any other powder days we may get :)

I don't have much experience with boards, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks,

tom.

Specs:

Length: 168 cm

Effective edge: 138 cm

Waist width: 25.5 cm

Sidecut radius: 9.5 m

From the couple of people I know who have it, at 185 lbs you will probably want the 178 over the 168. The tail and the nose make it have the equivalent effective edge of a normal 163-164 board.

Where did you get the Donek custom twin tip? It's cool to see someone so enthusiastic about snowboarding (you've been only riding a year now if I recall). I'm doing the exact opposite of you... getting into long/slalom skateboards (have a Loaded Vanguard for almost a year now... looking at the Insect GS).