Note to New Members ×

Bear Mtn on Good Fri. and Sat.

gdboytyler

gdbytyler, looks like I will be heading up on Friday to Snow Summit, not Bear Mtn. I have my nephew and his friend in town and they want to go to Summit. If we get a chance we might try to scoot over to Bear in the afternoon. Wanna join us at Summit?

Guest James Pryor

Wow it was like a day in January. None of this hard semi-corn stuff. This was the real deal. It snowed last night about 5in. and they groomed early this morning. Temp. at 32 and corduroy to the horizon. I really needed this day cause I HATE SPRING COND. It just felt sooo good to be on smooth real snow. It did cloud up about 1 and started to snow. This last wave of precip. should be out of here by morning. Hopefully it will be a dream day. Anyway Kerry Wise is going to pick me up in the morning and we will be there for first up. See you on my private run. (Silver) jp

Guest James Pryor

After a week of cloudy stormy weather Good Friday was a Warren Miller day. Yes not a cloud in the sky and crisp low humidity psychedelic bluebird conditions. With the sun up there now the colors are definetly mind blowing. Met up with Kerry Wise and Gdboytyler (Erwin). The corduroy was untouched with just a trace of fresh on top giving it that frosty diamond glistening look. Took a few warmup runs and then we headed over to Silver. So cool watching Kerry and Erwin rip in the morning light. Rooster tails flying high and hoots from the chair!! Will remember this day as one of the better ones from a remarkable season. Glad you guys made it up and hope to ride with you again soon. James P.

Yes, it can happen:D Best snow conditions I've had locally since mid January.

Excellent morning session James. Glad we could finally meet up.

I thought you guys were coming back after lunch. After lunch, I met up with Oldvolvosrule and his nephew and nephew's girlfriend.

The snow did soften up a bit, but it was still carvable and still a lot fun.

Looks like I'll be riding solo on Saturday. Maybe I'll get lucky and conditions will be close to what we had today!

Sat morning wasn't as good as Fri morning. But still good. No hero snow, just carvable hardpack and totally blue skies!

However, the snow on the upper runs didn't get as soft as Fri afternoon. Geronimo, Silver and Showtime stayed good all day.

I ran into a freestyler friend after lunch. So I stayed on the alpine board for a few more runs then switched to the freestyle board. And got talked into jibbing the VW bug. 40y/o and peer pressure still works:D

I want to go Easter Sunday, but too lazy to do the drive solo again.

Next weekend is also looking decent.

Well, I have been thinking about registering with this forum for a while, and after riding with Jim and Erwin at Bear Saturday and reading their posts about what a great day it was I figured now was the time. It was a great day with great company and great turns. A mid-winter's dream in spring. Hopefully, we can grab a few more like it before the season's over.

So here they are. I'm still amazed at the conditions for late March in So Cal!

Now I wish I would have taken the camera on the mountain for some action photos/video. But at the time, the conditions just looked too good to be dicking around with a camera:D

This was Sat morning.

Here's Geronimo, the steepest groomed run at Bear:

Bear%20Mtn%20-%20Geronimo%203-26-05.JPG

Here's the superpipe and part of the snowboard park:

Bear%20Mtn%20superpipe%203-26-05.JPG