Note to New Members ×

Banff conditions - Allee, anybody?

Neil Gendzwill

Have been at Sunshine for the last two weekends and it's been excellent. They have been picking up a few cm of snow overnight a couple of times a week, just enough to keep things fresh. Last weekend was a bit springlike (mix of soft and firm, you couldn't see it, only when you rode over it), yesterday the ski out was looking pretty icy at the bottom and some parts of Goats Eye were swept off and pretty scratchy, but plenty of good riding there yet. Only bitch was the crowds got pretty thick after lunch, between 12.30 and 3pm.

I'm hoping to get up to Louise this weekend, I spoke to some people on the gondola yesterday who said it was pretty icy on the lower and front (surprise surprise), but OK over the back still.

There's a fair amount of snow in the forecast for this week going through until early next week, it's snowing in Calgary at the moment.

There's also snow in the forecast for Fernie for most of the week - I'm keeping an eye on that, it might be worth an early morning start ...

Hope you can make it out here!