Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows closed (again)

Mike T

I was at TLine on Wednesday and Bachelor this weekend.

Palmer - plenty of snow on the snowfield, grooming was good, dirty snow as you approach the loading area of the lift.

Mile - west side was OK for about 2/3 of the run, rocks at the top and dirt at the bottom.

I needed to do 2 hot scrapes to get the dirt out. No rock dings though.

Bachelor - covarge on Pine Marten, Skyliner, Sunrise, Rainbow was fine, if you stay on the groomers. Grooming was about what you would expect for spring snow.

Yesterday was nice friendly corn/slush, today was form to bulletproof everywhere and rough in spots. Rocks and hay showing through in terrain park and NW/Outback.

I'm probably headed back to Bachelor next weekend... it's supposed to snow and Palmer doesn't often run while it is snowing. I've put away my new boards for the season.

Mike, sorry to hear the conditions are so bad and the MHES ist kaput. Sounds like you are making up for lost time at Bachelor. I am still coming to Portland in May but unless the conditions improve, Im not bringing any boards, just golf clubs or the road bike.

I think its great that they are trying to stay open . Unfortunately I dislocated my knee 4 days ago riding bike :( Hopefully my Doc will clear me soon to get a few more days of riding in. Closed on a vacation house in Brightwood for a summer remodeling project so I hope to keep seeing people up at the mountain. I hoping to get to ride with Mike T and Jason once this year...

Jim

Bummer to her about your knee, Jim. Heal fast and well! I would definitely like to hook up foir some runs at least once this season. Scary thing is - I haven't ridden with Bryan yet this season either - except for about 2 runs back in November on TLine lower mountain, but Bryan was on skis that day.

If all else fails, c'mon out to Bachelor next season. We'll be moved into our new place in September and ready to rock and roll by the time the snow comes. If our pending sale goes through we'll have to be out of our place in Sandy by the end of April and will probably just rent in Bend during the summer.